jcottier55

good budget build

I just recently got my 97 Buick Lesabre and want to do a budget build in it. What would be some good ones for me to consider? The trunk dimensions are roughly 34w 14h 32d for the box build. I'm looking to get more spl than sq right now I will upgrade the highs and mids at all later date just want to get it going.

600 to 800

600 to 800

Is this budget just for bass?

Yeah just for subs. I can get an audiopipe amp for relatively cheap in my area. The ap series ones.

Just for bass. Already have amp picked out. Either a audiopipe 1500.1d or 1800.1d they are 1 ohm stable and at that are 1500 or 1800 rms and 16v compatible

600 to 800

Is this budget just for bass?

I'll run you're dimensions sometime soon and see what you can use. I would try a different amp, they're really not the best of quality but they're not bad.

I'll run you're dimensions sometime soon and see what you can use. I would try a different amp, they're really not the best of quality but they're not bad.

Yeah that's what I have heard. They did me pretty good in the past but they also weren't being pushed and I wasn't hitting over a 146db at 34 hertz sealed at the dash on a term lab meter.

Any SSA sub offered will not leave you disappointed. I have a 15" DCON with lots of port area tuned to 35hz on 400 watts and its knocking AND has great tonality. As I have a 15" BTL on 2000 watts tuned at 32hz in my DD driver thats saying something.

Yeah that's what I have heard. They did me pretty good in the past but they also weren't being pushed and I wasn't hitting over a 146db at 34 hertz sealed at the dash on a term lab meter.

What were you running to get that score?

That's about the same room I have. You could run a pair of 12s or a single 15 at most. Don't forget to factor in electrical upgrades. Also, an enclosure if you don't have the tools to build one yourself.

That's about the same room I have. You could run a pair of 12s or a single 15 at most. Don't forget to factor in electrical upgrades. Also, an enclosure if you don't have the tools to build one yourself.

And if you do have the tools, materials wood, glue, and screws. Also gonna need power wire, RCA wires, if you don't already have one a headunit. When I first bought my Jeep I only planned on spending around $3-400 for a basic system here I am around $1500 later...

Any SSA sub offered will not leave you disappointed. I have a 15" DCON with lots of port area tuned to 35hz on 400 watts and its knocking AND has great tonality. As I have a 15" BTL on 2000 watts tuned at 32hz in my DD driver thats saying something.

Hell yeah that would be pretty damn good for what I'm trying to do. Thanks man I appreciate it will look into that one for sure.

And if you do have the tools, materials wood, glue, and screws. Also gonna need power wire, RCA wires, if you don't already have one a headunit. When I first bought my Jeep I only planned on spending around $3-400 for a basic system here I am around $1500 later...
Oh yeah I knew that one for sure. Alls I need is some 0gauge power and ground wire I have RCA's and remote already just waiting to be put in. Might upgrade the RCA's tho they are cheap schoches lol and I priced a sheet of 3/4 MDF at 31 bucks and 3/4 birch at 39 bucks way cheaper to build one than buy a prefab one and can tune it to w.e I want for max spl. I appreciate it man for sure

I'm planning on doing the big 3 mod once I get everything and get it installed and probably run an extra battery in the back also just to make sure lights won't be dimming or anything.

I had 2 audiopipe tsvr15s rated at 500rms a piece on an audiopipe ap1000.1d amp in a 6 cubic foot box tuned at 32 hertz. In the trunk of a Lincoln Mark 8. The 146 was on music also didn't try any burps or anything like that either. Song was Crank Juice by Lil John and East Side Boys

What were you running to get that score?

To get the 146 score I was running audiopipe tsvr15s 2 of them rated at 500rms on an audiopipe ap1000.1 amp in a 6 cubic ft box tuned at 32 hertz in the trunk of a Lincoln Mark 8. That was before I took the box and everything out and put them in the rear deck acting as an infinite baffle setup...at least that's what I was told it was called lol

Attention!!! Build is being switched over to a 99 ford explorer. Going to be taking out back seats for maximum room!!! :) should make possibilities endless!!! Anyonyle got ideas on a good budget for subs in this? 600 to 800 on just the bass itself

Get some dcons. Like 2 15s and a 500-1k rms amp.

smile.png now we are talking. OBSIDIAN audio 18  smile.png)) or a pair and get insane!!! they like 6cubes ported...spare a good 14cubes or so you should be loud and laughing at the same time.

wont be over 500..under budget with a quality product!

Edited by Dictator

Wait are you talking about the 3rd row seat taken out or the second row seat?

+1 ..I say remove them all lol!!!!

Its only got 2 row seating. So would only have the front row in that's it. I actually had 2 obsidian 12s in a prefab box in this vehicle before and they were really loud then :)

Its only got 2 row seating. So would only have the front row in that's it. I actually had 2 obsidian 12s in a prefab box in this vehicle before and they were really loud then :)

Prefab ouch missing out on the raw performance of the drivers!

Prefab ouch missing out on the raw performance of the drivers!
Yeah I didn't have the money or the knowledge to make a box specifically for them. Not going to make that mistake this time that's for sure!! How big would you recommend building the box and tuning it how low? I have seen them hit pretty low before and they loved it.