Sign in to follow this  
royalblue08

08 Honda Accord build for 12" XCON

Anyone here have an 8th generation Honda Accord?

If you do what system do you have in it and what does your trunk look like? Im trying to figure out how to build a box my 12" XCON subwoofer but the trunk is so stupidly designed. its very wide towards the trunk opening then goes very narrow as you move towards the seats due the wheel wells arching up into the floor. I dont want to Kill my entire trunk space by having to build  a box and put it towards the trunk opening cuz i need to use my trunk

here is a picture of how the trunk looks (you can see what im talking about how stupid the design is

trunk_zps757dd4b8.jpg

and here is a picture of when i had my alpine type R's in them.  had it squeezed in the back portion between the two wheel well/arches

The sub would go in the floor but I have ok fiberglass skills. You'd only lose 3 or so inches of depth in the trunk.

med_gallery_10399_356_138223.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_516270.jpg

This box is built in. The total volume of the enclosure is 6.3 cu ft. As you can see the trunk is a little small. I can still get the spare tire in and out though.

gallery_10399_356_55254.jpggallery_10399_356_119582.jpg

The 12" setup before that. This one looks built in but really isn't.

med_gallery_10399_356_138223.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_516270.jpg

This box is built in. The total volume of the enclosure is 6.3 cu ft. As you can see the trunk is a little small. I can still get the spare tire in and out though.

that last picture the box looks awesome! i only need a 2.25 cubic foot box according to Denim (ssa owner) tuned to 33hz. what do you guys think is my best bet? 

The Type R setup was a prefab box that I added a 3/4" strip of wood wrapped in matching carpet to the bottom to seal it up. Also screwed side filler panels to the sides of the box before putting it in the trunk. (see pic) The particle board in the trunk on the type R setup was just for template purposes but is the only pic I had of that setup. I screwed a 2x4 cut as wide as the trunk to the back of the box, one across the top and one across the bottom. Once the final panels where cut and carpeted that setup worked great as you could hide the wires AND left lots of trunk. I believe that box was around 2-2.5 cu ft. 

The FI setup enclosure is huge and had to be build partly in the trunk as the box wasnt going in fully assembled. 

Both setups work great in regards to being able to brace the rear deck against the top of the box. As those are usually flopping like fish in an Accord. lol Cheapest sound deadening I ever did.

I would hit up Alton (a member on here) and see if he will design you an enclosure to fit your trunk.

Resurrecting the dead thread.  I've got a 2011 Honda Accord and was wondering if you ever installed anything in the trunk?