shizzzon

Taramp's Warranty Services

Products warranty starts the day of manufactured date.

Our current Repair Center has the capability of repairing any and all Taramp products from amplifiers to processors to accessories like the wireless transmission system for multiple setups from 1 head unit.

We offer 2 more services in regards to warranty service.

1-

DOA policy.

We will replace products that are DOA(Dead On Arrival) within the first 7 days of ownership of product.  

DOA= The inability to turn on or stay on long enough to be used.

Other issues with products that do not render the product usable in anyway shape or form shall be serviced by our current Repair Center in New York.

2-

Advantage Product Swap Service. (APSS)

This service is to allow customers to choose whether they want to send their product in for service for a TBD(To Be Determined) turn around time to receive product back, or can send product back to us and pay an APSS fee and receive a Brand New product back!

Certain Restrictions Apply-

1- APSS is only available for products that are STILL under Manufacturer Warranty.

2- APSS is not available if we currently do not have your product in stock.

3- APSS is only available to the original owner of product

4- APSS is still available on already repaired products but there is no APSS discount on already repaired products.

APSS intention is for the unlikely event a product fails in customer's possession, they can receive a brand new product by paying an APSS fee so they always have a new product.

Advantages-

Quickest turn around time possible

Not own a used product or a repaired product

Renew warranty period with new product exchange

Disadvantages-

Must pay APSS fee for service(pricing listed below)

If using APSS, APSS and DOA policy still applies to new exchanged product.

(this can be good or bad depending on how you view this).

APSS pricing-

Pricing subject to change based on continued distribution to level pricing.

We offer 2 ways for customers to participate in the APSS program.

Method 1- Customer pays APSS fee once a product needs exchange at time of failure.  This method is more expensive.

Method 2- Customer pays small fee for APSS program when purchasing a new product.  If (no refunds of initial fee unless we are out of stock for replacement) product needs repair and APSS is used, the remainder payment fee for APSS is less than Method 1.

T-Line-

T20.2K-

M1-$459

M2-$119 at time of purchase, $196 at time of failure ($315 total)

T14.2K-

M1-$429

M2-$119 at time of purchase, $181 at time of failure ($300 total)

T10.9K-

M1-$389

M2-$99 at time of purchase, $131 at time of failure ($230 total)

T500D-

M1-$84

M2-$19 at time of purchase, $35 at time of failure ($54 total)

HD Line-

HD-8000-

M1-$209

M2-$59 at time of purchase, $82 at time of failure ($141 total)

HD-6500-

M1-$199

M2-$59 at time of purchase, $79 at time of failure ($138 total)

HD-5000-

M1-$194

M2-$59 at time of purchase, $75 at time of failure ($134 total)

HD-4000-

M1-$189

M2-$59 at time of purchase, $70 at time of failure ($129 total)

HD-3000-

M1-$164

M2-$59 at time of purchase, $65 at time of failure ($124 total)

HD-2500-

M1-$159

M2-$59 at time of purchase, $50 at time of failure ($119 total)

HD-1600-

M1-$104

M2-$39 at time of purchase, $46 at time of failure ($104 total)

HD-1200-

M1-$99

M2-$39 at time of purchase, $41 at time of failure ($80 total)

HD-800-

M1-$94

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $46 at time of failure ($75 total)

HD-400.4s-

M1-$89

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $41 at time of failure ($70 total)

TS Line-

TS-1300x2-

M1-$139

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $56 at time of failure ($85 total)

TS-1200x4-

M1-$149

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $70 at time of failure ($99 total)

TS-800x4-

M1-$129

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $51 at time of failure ($80 total)

TS-600x4-

M1-$104

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $41 at time of failure ($70 total)

TS-400x4-

M1-$99

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $36 at time of failure ($65 total)

TS-150x2-

M1-$75

M2-$19 at time of purchase, $36 at time of failure ($55 total)

Crossovers-

CRX-2-

M1-$70

M2-$19 at time of purchase, $31 at time of failure ($50 total)

CRX-4-

M1-$80

M2-$19 at time of purchase, $41 at time of failure ($60 total)

CRX-5PLUS-

M1-$90

M2-$19 at time of purchase, $51 at time of failure ($70 total)

DTX-2.4s-

M1-$90

Equalizers-

DEQ-1000-

M1-$90

Power Supplies-

TEF-30A-

M1-$90

TEF-50A-

M1-$119

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $56 at time of failure ($85 total)

TEF-100A-

M1-$149

M2-$29 at time of purchase, $76 at time of failure ($105 total)

Miscellaneous Accessories-

TW Master / Slave Kit-

M1-$69

M2-$19 at time of purchase, $20 at time of failure ($39 total)

TFM1080i-

M1-$14

M2-$5 total

This item is issued direct replacement instead of repair.

VTR-1200-

M1-$39

M2-$5 at time of purchase, $19 at time of failure ($24 total)

SO do they get their money back if they don't use the warranty by the time it is expired?  How can you rightfully warranty a product from date of manufacture?  Nobody does this.  It should be date of purchase.  IMO, this warranty system is a scam and huge turnoff.  I know we've spoken on this before, but this is really a joke and leaves a bad taste in my mouth already.  Due to their poor ethics, I would never purchase their products no matter their price or performance.

So warranty from date of manufacture? So if I buy a product built 9 months ago, figure a week to ship it. "1 year warranty" means I have less than 90 days of actual warranty time? Hell sell an amp past that 1 year from manufacture date, and there's no warranty to the original purchaser of a product?

Seems wrong to me. Sorry.

Our current policy is not to stock longer than 2 months.

If a business lets product sit for 9 months, they deserve to go out of business.

If a business lets product sit for 9 months, they deserve to go out of business.

If you want people to take you seriously then you better rethink your policies.

Then what do you want to see because all dealers are under same warranty policy.

It's been like that for years in the US and nobody has complained once until i publicly stated how it worked.

Everyone else has been taken seriously for years so what's the difference here?

I have NEVER seen any warranty service like this.  If I had before, I'd have voiced my opinion on that also.    If you want to be special, break the mold.  If you build quality products and you stand behind them, you warranty them properly and you sure as hell don't charge for it.  I can see maybe charging people shipping back to the dealer, but everything else should be covered.

Your warranty policy reads as if you have no respect for the final consumer nor any confidence in your products.  That's all there is to it.

Now, if this was an extended warranty deal, I could see the fees, but like I said before, this is just a way to scam more money and cover your ass when the product fails.

Are you talking about the APSS?

This isn't scamming.  As laid out.. this service can be used if the customer doesn't want to wait for repair.

It's as simple as that.

If customer doesn't want to use it.. don't use it.  Don't pay for it. Don't look at it.

I'll remove it from ssa then since no one here likes it.

That 2 month max, is that total from date of manufacture to date of sale? Or is it just at your distribution warehouse? If so, how long did the mfg have it in theirs before shipping to you? And since you distribute to independent retailers correct? Then what accounts for how low it sits on a retailers shelf? To many variables IMO. That is why across industries in general, warranties are from date of purchase, as a standard business practice.

Edited by nigel

Are you talking about the APSS?

This isn't scamming. As laid out.. this service can be used if the customer doesn't want to wait for repair.

It's as simple as that.

If customer doesn't want to use it.. don't use it. Don't pay for it. Don't look at it.

I'll remove it from ssa then since no one here likes it.

Why remove it? That makes it look like there is something to hide. I just can not fathom the thought of paying for warranty service, however you want to label it. If there is product available to be shipped out immediately, it should be just that without a fee.

Well, you dont like it but you dont want me to remove it..   You are driving me into a headache, lol.

Tirefryr, i am looking at another option right now that is a lot cheaper and not controlled by us.

Nigel, we drop ship.  We control all sales so we know how long it's been sitting.

Also, Taramps doesn't sit on products for more than 7-10days.

They move over 15,000 items on average per month so there is no time for dust to accumulate.

About the warranty debate again-

Yea, i am on your all's side in terms of your opinion of the warranty period.

There are many computer brands that sell parts that do this a lot.  Hard drive companies, motherboard companies, etc.. 

The thing that kills me is Taramp's has been here in the US being sold for few years and I get to take the hit on the warranty debate, hehe.

Ouch.

I'm assuming it's a lack of public communication on all current\previous dealers up to this point for it to be Just Known to the public.

But anyways, let me make some calls and see how i can turn this thread around.

Personally just a standard year warranty is best. I don't mind waiting to get it repaired or whatever. All of this is just unnecessary complexity.

Depending on the warranty I may be interested in one of the bigger amps.. Until then I'll evaluate how I like the 4 channel.

Y'all are bashing shizzon because he explained Taramps warranty? I personally like the apss type warranty. That way when and if it fails you get a brand new product and the warranty restarts thus extending the warranty furthermore. Don't like it... Don't buy...

Then what do you want to see because all dealers are under same warranty policy.

It's been like that for years in the US and nobody has complained once until i publicly stated how it worked.

Everyone else has been taken seriously for years so what's the difference here?

This is just my opinion, but to me having the warranty start at the date of manufacture is a scam.

You stated that your policy is to not keep stock longer than 2 months, but frankly that's completely besides the point.

Two people purchase the same amps at the same time, both break a year later, and only one person gets covered because they were "lucky" in the sense that their amp didn't sit on the shelf as long as the other? If so, that's a terrible policy in place.

I'm not posting to bash or argue, but I am offering perspective that other potential buyers may feel.

Y'all are bashing shizzon because he explained Taramps warranty? I personally like the apss type warranty. That way when and if it fails you get a brand new product and the warranty restarts thus extending the warranty furthermore. Don't like it... Don't buy...

I think you need to re-read.  Nobody bashed anyone.

Is this through only you or is it all authorized dealers?

The APSS idea is only through me.

Still waiting on interview about application of 3rd party services.

I actually sent in 2 apps last night.

I'm 99% sure they'll agree to cover the entire product line(amps and processors). Just got to get the details worked out..  

If/When they do agree to cover Taramp's, i'll remove the APSS plan because at that time, it will be completely unnecessary.

Wasn't the APSS program that I didn't like. It's a decent idea, especially for competitors. Instead of waiting for repair with the standard warranty you pay a little extra to have new shipped. This could be a big difference between missing a 3x event or not to someone running their gear to the extreme.

Its taramps policy of running their warranty period when a product is still in their possession or the possession of their dealer/distributor network that I am not fond of. Nothing against Shizzon at all, and as the distributor is really out of his control entirely. But with him be the authorized distributor he would be our venue for complaints unfortunately. And thank you to shizzon for being honest in replies and attempting to explain/resolve questions as they arise.

Edited by nigel

We have 1 of 2 services working with us now.  The other service requires a website to be up and ready.

We are intending to have a website created but not during the group buy.  It is currently being coded now and will be a while before it's ready.

I will post info from both services once I get the remaining information organized.

I am also preparing a price list for what the online warranty service is offering for Taramp's products and how long the warranty is.  PS- it's up to 5 years!

The following is basic guidelines for warranty service that will be a part of this group buy and our vendor section.

Warranty period runs concurrent with manufacturer's warranty, but manufacturer's warranty has main priority over this warranty service.

The time period you choose for warranty is the exact time period for your warranty with them.  Customer has 90 days to purchase from date of purchase.

Item will usually need to be shipped for repair and if product cannot be repaired, they will pay you up to the cost of what you paid new for warrantied product minus taxes, shipping, etc. 

The following is a list pricing for Taramp's products and their warranty prices through this particular warranty service-

T line-

T20.2K, T14,2K-

3yr- $145

4yr- $180

5yr- $210

T10.9K-

3yr- $113

4yr- $143

5yr- $173

T500D-

3yr- $35* ST

HD Line-

HD-8000, HD-6500-

3yr- $90

4yr- $120

5yr- $145

HD-5000, HD-4000, HD-3000-

3yr- $68

4yr- $90

5yr- $115

HD-2500, HD-1600, HD-1200, HD-800-

3yr- $45

4yr- $76

5yr- $86

TS Line-

TS-1300x2-

3yr- $45

4yr- $76

5yr- $86

TS-1200x4-

3yr- $45

4yr- $76

5yr- $90

TS-800x4-

3yr- $45

4yr- $76

5yr- $86

TS-600x4-

3yr- $42* ST

TS-400x4-

3yr- $30* ST

TS-150x2-

3yr- $18* ST

Power Supplies-

TEF-30A-

3yr- $42* ST

TEF-50A-

3yr- $45

4yr- $76

5yr- $86

TEF-100A-

3yr- $45

4yr- $76

5yr- $90

Processors-

CRX5-PLUS-

3yr- $35* ST

DTX-2.4s-

3yr- $35* ST

DEQ-1000-

3yr- $35* ST

CRX-4-

3yr- $27* ST

CRX-2-

3yr- $21* ST

TW Wireless Master/Slave-

3yr- $30* ST

VTR-1200-

3yr- $15* ST

All products marked *ST means that product is warrantied only through Squaretrade.  To obtain warranty services for any product, please read below-

All products marked *ST, go here- Squaretrade Warranty  

On the right, choose -

Retailer

Item- Car & GPS

Car Audio

Price- This is the price you pay us for product

Hit, Get a Quote

Now, select Checkout

For temporary reasons, Squaretrade has requested to fill the following information out as follows-

Under Item Information-

Item Detail- Car Speakers & Subwoofers (this goes for all Taramp's products)

Item Purchased at- SPL-Lab USA

This Squaretrade solution is in effect until our distribution website is launched.

FOR ALL OTHER PRODUCTS REQUIRED TO BE WARRANTIED-

Click the advertisement below-

468x60EW.jpg

Under Get a Free Quote-

Item Purchased- Car Video and Audio

Car Audio

Enter Purchase Price- This is the price you pay us for product

Now, hit Get Quote

Select your Warranty period

Now, hit Purchase this warranty

Product Manufacturer- Taramp's

Product Name- 

For amps-

HD Line

T Line

TS Line

TL Line

HV T Line

HDS Line (Only for HD400.4s)

For Power Supplies= Power Supply

Model Number- The name of the product, IE- HD-8000

Purchase Price- This is the price you pay us for product

Purchase Date- This is the date shown on invoice via Paypal.

Main Warranty Supplier- Electronic Warranty

Alternate Warranty Supplier- Squaretrade (*ST)

Edited by shizzzon

Warranty information Updated