Sign in to follow this  
gprestonmoto

Help with Box

So I've modeled my Crystal cmpx2 12" and it is completely flat from 30Hz + in a 2.1 cubic foot box tuned to 22.8 Hz. That's perfect but I'm having a hell of a time putting it together. I have my max dimensions but I'm stuck. It's a slanted box in the back. Can someone put something together so that I can get this built asap? Height can definitely go down, and width can definitely be made smaller, but I'd rather it be wide over tall just to look symmetrical. I dunno why but I'm insanely anal about symmetry.

40"w x 18" tall x (9 1/4" d1 /// 14" d2)

I've modeled it aero and it works but the port length for a 4" aero is massive.

Nvm I think I got it.

I lied, I don't got it. BUMP BUMP BUMP. I'm trying to get a box to perform as flat as possible from 28-65 Hz. The sub models flat from 29-80Hz in 2.1 cubic feet tuned to 22.8 Hz but it looks impossible for my vehicle. I'm willing to try anything to get a flat response within my limitations, PR's, AP chamber, anything really. I'd really appreciate any experienced people's input. My maximum dimensions are in the first post. If the wedge won't work, I can do 11" as my maximum depth. Thank you in advance for your input!!! I'll post t/s parameters below in case can do something different. ANYTHING, I'm willing to do. My fabrication skills are no problem whatsoever, and by that I mean I have a fabricator that will be building the box, all I need is the design.

Fs - 24.1 Hz

Qms - 5.63

Vas - 49.8L

cms - 0.126 mm/N

mmd - 340g

xmax - 17mm

Qes - 0.45

Re - 2 Ohms

Z - 2 Ohms

BL - 16.1 Tesla/M

Power Handling 1600w RMS

Qts - 0.41

SPL - 89.4dB

Voice Coil Diameter - 3"

Displacement - 0.25 cu ft

Mounting Depth - 7 1/4"

Edited by gprestonmoto

Is it for a single or a dual? Here is a very quick sketchup, all dimensions where made by BassBox Pro 6. I used all the T/S parameters you posted. If your going with an areo port like you said above then it will have to be a 3" port.  I'll post cut sheets and what not below pictures. 

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Okay now on to the cut sheet, 

cut1.jpg

Thanks bro. Yea I figured it out with 3" port no problem, but I'm worried that it's not going to be enough port area. Doing a 4" port is possible if I invert the sub, but I don't wanna do that.

Nice sub

Thanks. I might end up selling the 15" version of it. It's massive

The problem with a 4" port is it would have to be 29" long. The only way you would be able to have a 4" port is to mount it half way in the box or just reverse mount the port. If you wanna do that just let me know and I'll be happy to help with a design. 

to accommodate port length in tight spaces, you can always use elbows.

It's currently side loaded on a 3" port. I'm sure it would be louder with a 4" port and bend loading rear.

Port bends near entrances and exits are bad...

If you want low tuning in limited space, a PR is the way to go. 

Port bends near entrances and exits are bad...

If you want low tuning in limited space, a PR is the way to go. 

Fuck, I always forget PR's.... Who makes a good PR nowadays?