Coryaddison

fi Q 18 vs fi bl 15

I'm kinda new to car audio. Right now I'm just running a sundown e8v3 on a boss armor 1500 which actually puts out the ammount I need. Anyway I really want to upgrade and be loud. I'm not about spl and hitting high dbs more about music and perceived loudness. I can work with about 3.5 cubic foot box. I'm considering either a fi q 18 or a fi bl 15. I just need advise on which would be better.

With that space, you really only have the 15" option.  Not enough space for the 18".

what are the dimensions of the space? fitting a ported enclosure for a 15 in 3.5 cu ft gross would be tough. a 12 would probably work. 

Edited by lithium

My friend has the same car and had a guy design a box for him that barely slides in. Only he has the fi sp4 15. So this one will just barely slide in. I also have a question about an amp. I know fi can do more than rated but how much? I'm doing all the upgrades for the bl

just give it rated power. +/- a few hundred watts in either direction will not be audible. 

Totally different drivers, Fi BL is a high output daily driver and used for some SPL competition. The Fi Q is a SQ sub.