swift

Swift's 2012 F250

Amps, subs, etc. = $$$

Install and tuning = $$$

When your own truck is too loud for you... = PRICELESS!

On a side note, where are you ordering these amps from? SSA store has a nice price on the 3800, just wondering what the 5000 can be had for.

I deal straight with Andrew the owner. But they can be bought here from explicit audio

Im sure SSA can get the 5k and 7.5k aswell.

Edited by W140
Link to another site removed

I just freaking love the install !! Can't wait for my demo !!

LOVE the amp rack...looking damn good!

Thanks guys, its getting there. Once the doors are done and wall trimmed out I will be happier!!

So much powa'! amp rack looks great

OH DAMN! Shit got real! I wish you lived closer bro. I love bass but I can't justify the drive for a demo. Indy to Tenn is a hell of a road trip. Maybe I'll see about trying to roll down for finals. Hell, I still didn't get a demo from Senchez

OH DAMN! Shit got real! I wish you lived closer bro. I love bass but I can't justify the drive for a demo. Indy to Tenn is a hell of a road trip. Maybe I'll see about trying to roll down for finals. Hell, I still didn't get a demo from Senchez

II'll catch you up that way this year I'm sure. I plan on driving to several different events this year. Headed to SC this weekend.

Gonna hopefully re-meter today and see where it sits. Anybody wanna take a guess at what she does. They are strapped at 2 ohms.

Best numbers on one amp at .5 was

156.77 @ 30hz

156.73 @ 33hz

158.17 @ 48hz

I will meter again at those same frequencies to get a accurate account of the gain but will also look for a new peak incase it changed.

Does same numbers on both amps but more efficiently. Voltage is actually better with both amps in also. I can play full tilt and barley drops under 13. And starting voltage is 13.9 so that's not bad at all.. I have lots of mods that need done to the enclosure, port and the wall in general. It's nasty on the lows and louder to the ear so I'm good with that.

Edited by swift

More gains to come

Looking good

The fact I almost doubled power and didnt gain on the meter is weighing heavily on me. I mean shit, I could sell the second amp and do alot with that money. Or just hold out and put that power to good use later when the Tridents come out. At this point its all the enclosure holding the numbers back. I kinda wanted more port area to begin with but really wanted to try this enclosure since it was just sitting at my office. I can bondo and smooth a ton of places but ultimately I think I will rebuild to a more smoothed out design and drivers side port. I should have clamped the amp to see what power I was making but didnt want to see full tilt until I felt comfortable with the subs handling the power. Which they do. 

It feels stronger but I think I am having massive flex issues between the doors, roof and windshield holding back aswell. I wasnt shooting for a spl or a numbers build but it sure feels good when you meet the goals that you set yourself.

So when you metered them on one amp where they wired at 2ohm like now on two amps

So when you metered them on one amp where they wired at 2ohm like now on two amps

No one amp was wired at .5

Spl problems. More is not always better and shit never makes sense.

My loudest score in my truck is not on the most power I've clamped.

Yeah that one stumped me but oh well, I have power on tap for about anything I want to run in the future. One thing is for sure it not the equipment holding me back.

Those amps are calling your name telling you to wire them to .25 a piece i bet.

I am just trying to learn- but wouldn't 1 amp at .5 make the same or more than 2 at 2 ohms?  just maybe less 'headroom'?  

I am just trying to learn- but wouldn't 1 amp at .5 make the same or more than 2 at 2 ohms?  just maybe less 'headroom'?  

Not usually, cuz of efficiency and all. We wished that everytime that we halfed impedence wattage doubled, but no. It does handle rise better, but that still varies with frequency bandwidth of music played.

It could but just becuase you wire down for more power, you would still have to factor in how much of that power is wasted and turned to heat. I would think the efficiency of 2 amps at 2 ohms could match 1 amp at 0.5 ohms or come close. Just my theory

Thanks for the replies.

Adding the amp went from right at 8k at .5 to about 13k. at 2ohm strapped.

So I started on my door panels yesterday and got some progress done. I decided not to fiberglass them and just do bolt on pods. Not quite sure how exactly I want to wrap them yet but they can be removed later if I want to or have some fiberglass full panels for me. 

First thing was to cut huge holes in them, lol I hate cutting on a fairly new truck but whatever Im committed now

99ED0F60-DB32-4D13-9F2A-E93293E5F9E9_zps

starting to build up the pods

ED053296-8964-459E-A21C-C1205B8BE171_zps

drivers side mocked up

8755E8C7-0BC3-4A83-A9AE-51E126F72BE7_zps

pass side mocked up, these are now all glued up and sanded evenly.

DA873B5E-94FC-4E9C-8E2E-217543384BC9_zps

I am thinking of extending them out all the way across the doors but I have almost no clearance between the seat and pockets. I may paint these with bed liner and then do leather beauty panels over which I have never seen done. Or I could just pad and leather wrap these the way they are and bolt them on. Unsure yet but it has to be completed today as I need tomorrow to put everything back in the truck and clean it up for the show Saturday.