Sign in to follow this  
Dangercdv

New subwoofers, or no?

What I have right now....
2 Sundown E-12s (400rms version)
Hooked up to a 1700.1 Hifonics Amplifier at 1 ohm.

Inside of a custom box made for the Ford Mustang Convertible, .9 each sub, sealed.

Well, isnt that too much power? yes it is! So obviously the gain is way down.

My question, Would I benefit from switching the subwoofers to something that can handle more power? 

The problem: If I do get new subwoofers, the mounting depth can be NO MORE than 6.5 inches.

No. Unless you go bigger or go ported

okay, so getting like, an 800rms subwoofer wont really give me much more?
What is the point of buying 1000rms subwoofers and 2000 rms amp, if you can get like, 400rms subwoofers, and an 800 watt amp, and save a bunch of money that way. Serious question. Even tho, I myself really want to get big setups with tons of power.

Edited by Dangercdv

more power and thermal handling gets louder(How loud all depends). Buy it once and be happy buy small then rebuy not worth the increase for the cash you're forking over.....in less you step into the cone area side of car audio world!!trippy.gif

Edited by Dictator

Would I be happy with 2 icon 12s in a khatoic enclosure in my next setup then, im sick of re buying.

Icons are amazing subs, Ive got a set of 15"s and they sound amazing and hit hard. The enclosure has to be adequate though

IT will be the Khaotic Dual 12s that they sell on this site, so I hope its good for that price.

That looks like it should be a great combo if you are not wanting to build your own box. It is tuned at 32hz which is quite a bit lower than most box store enclosures. I love the lower tuning but you do lose some output on the 40hz bass lines. Which is all personal preference and what kind of music you listen to.

I like the loudness of the store boxes, but I have allot of songs around 30hz, and I cant stand the way it sounds, so I will settle on the 32hz :)

Is that khaotic enclosure going to fit your vehicle?

When I get an SUV yes, I still have another year tho.

Im thinking either the Ford Explorer Sport, Jeep Cherokee, or Jeep Grand Cherokee

Edited by Dangercdv

Why not just keep what you have now since you will.be buying a vehicle that's got a ton more air space you can use up. Then once you have it you can decide weather or not you want to keep all the seating rows or take them out. Because when transferring from such a small space to a pretty big space you might not be happy with the way they sound or hit. Then you will be rebuying or building a new enclosure yourself. This way you can save money for the next vehicle build and go all out on it :)

Just wait. Be patient