Rene T

powerbass compression supertweeters

Hi, I recently purchased a pair of supertweets and pro mids both of wich are powerbass. I have been looking for an active crossover tk install them but am not sure what to get. I think they are supposed to be crossed at 5 thousand htz and above. This is my firt set of supertweets I have ever installed so kind if scared i will mess them up.not wanting to spend more than $200 but not limited to that much .Sorry if posted in wrong place.

Depends. I can't tell from your post if you bought a midrange or a midbass. Processing will depend a ton on what the third driver is. Can't really run a supertweet in a 2way if you want ANY fidelity at all.

At the same time, if you think you are just going to run one mid and one supertweet per side you should sell the supertweets as they won't do anything good for you.

Are they horn-loaded super-tweeters?  If they are, sell them.  They have absolutely no place in a car.

Sorry for the late response. I have been super busy all day, I apreciage the input and i believe that i have found the solution to my problem.

If that means buying a different tweeter sure, if not then you are being misled and spending money that is more or less wasted.

well what do you suggest that i get? i am trying to get something that will keep up with my lows. I have to DC lvl 5 18's on 9,000 watts rms. to be honest i have no idea what to get that will sound good and still keep up with them. I bought along with the tweets a set of the powerbass 4-xl full range speakers. The guy at the shop where i bought them will keep up so that's why i went ahead and bought them. 

Locations, budget, etc needed to help. Supertweets have no place in 2way audio ever.

I have 200 dollars to spend on a front stage. Give me some suggestions as to what I would be able to buy with that budget. Then i will match an amp to the speakers.

Sorry guys ... But I still find it hard to understand why people spend soo much on bass "just to get loud" and go cheap on the rest of the setup ...

Well thats all the money i have for now, that does not mean thats all i plan on investing in my front stage.

They just don't go low enough for a 2-way with anything bigger than a 4"-5"...  They are super directional and just plain sound bad 99% of the time.

If you must use horn loading I would go with something like Morel CAT 378, high efficiency, high power handling and still goes low...  They also sound good...

Ok I will check them out, gonna be starting school here again pretty soon, and let me tell you majoring in nursing really gives you zero time to do anything else besides study so i think i am gonna postpone my build for a while

Also, don't take my driver recommendation as gospel, it was simply to show you there are other options out there...

Ok I will check them out, gonna be starting school here again pretty soon, and let me tell you majoring in nursing really gives you zero time to do anything else besides study so i think i am gonna postpone my build for a while

You can afford two level fives, feeding them, housing them, and you can't allocate something more reasonable to the front stage?

Man, it took me a long time to save up for the the amps, then the subs. Now i just got to get a front stage that can jerp up with those. I hade more money but i sprnt it on sound deadening a new deck. For now i only have an extra $200

Well you've got ultra loud and sounds like shit from 10k+ which is about as useful as having a sub that plays really well from 10-15Hz.

At full out ripping levels on the sub, no way, no how are you going to keep up with it with a small budget. In reality it takes significantly more money to make 140dB in the front stage than 140dB out of a sub. Of course, both will make you deaf fast too.

Same things here, and in France : they have a lot of money for the bass, but go cheap on front speakers.

It's horrible. I don't get it.

I love bass, but I can't stand shitty sound from speakers.

OP : try to save some more money to have something nice. Go cheap on the amp, if you have to, but listen to what the others told you : super tweeters will not sound good. you don't need them in your car.

Good sounding tweeters ans mids will make you proud of your system.