Sencheezy

SSA Evil on 6,000 Watts, 12 Months Later

Showing how it failed repeatedly, isn't really a testament of greatness. More like showing a weak spot.

That's just the way I'm reading it anyway.

Well by making this thread, as stated before, I wanted to show both. A) how much abuse it is capable of enduring B) showing that this is a very common weak point with this design and should be addressed to prevent further failures of the like

Is there any other way of doing the leads? Seems like on a lot of different subs there is this same problem.

Is there any other way of doing the leads? Seems like on a lot of different subs there is this same problem.

Conducting conversations with others, we have confirmed that the weakest point is from the Tinsel Lead to the Coil Lead. That is where the driver will fail first, every time. Again, this is confirmed with said owners of said type drivers.

I will once again throw it out there that it is one hell of a bad weak point when mounted non inverse and inside of an enclosure with any kind of screws. 

In the event you do not have a screw driver/drill it could be too late and your car could be engulfed in flames if they are really getting that hot. Especially for some idiot doing phone book tricks just adding ignition to the already molten hot leads.. lol I love you Senchez!!

I guess the Fi recognized the issue.

IMG_395914885681031_zps2ec3da5f.jpg

Whoa, is that from LV or is that a recone?

Las Vegas = fi lol

Fi posted it on fb

i would love to see the recones like this

Just taking a guess, but wouldn't that change the weight of the entire way the thing moves? It looks worse than putting those weights around rims of tires on a car in this case since it's attached directly to the center, but I understand looks can be deceiving which is why I ask.

Yeah I'm having this same issue Senchez with my XSv2 15s and am planning on doing the 8 ga. direct leads to the failed one soon and possibly obtaining ZV4 surrounds. When this happened to me the surround ripped 1/2 way around the good woofer (and started the stressing the damaged woofers surround.

Yeah I'm having this same issue Senchez with my XSv2 15s and am planning on doing the 8 ga. direct leads to the failed one soon and possibly obtaining ZV4 surrounds. When this happened to me the surround ripped 1/2 way around the good woofer (and started the stressing the damaged woofers surround.

Yeah, the FOAD leads look awesome! haha. I wouldn't use those surrounds though, VERY different geometry lol. I had no issues outside of the lead. Hell, it still does a 144 with one coil lol.

Those look beefy as hell! When recone my SP4s hopefully these will be standard. :D