jcottier55

2 or 4 channel amp for midbass and tweeters?

I am wondering which amp setup would be better to run on some.mid range bass door speakers and tweeters? I see a lot of people running 4 channel ones but wanted to know everyone's input on them considering I have a 2 channel just sitting here at home that hasn't seen any power yet.

Good to see another local guy on here.

Give more details of the setup. Are you running a passive component set ?

Good to see another local guy on here.

Give more details of the setup. Are you running a passive component set ?

Alls I have is the amp right now to be honest in just found it in my old closest when moving things out if my dads house lol what would you suggest?

4 chn allows more flexibility:

2 chn's bridge to comps

2chn's on comps, 2chn bridged to sub

2chn tweet, 2chn mid

2chn can work if you never do anything but the comp set.

4 chn allows more flexibility:

2 chn's bridge to comps

2chn's on comps, 2chn bridged to sub

2chn tweet, 2chn mid

2chn can work if you never do anything but the comp set.

What comp set on a budget would you recommend?

Go listen to some an see which ones you would recommend yourself. And what M5 said is correct

Edited by Fi 4 life

Go listen to some an see which ones you would recommend yourself. And what M5 said is correct

Of course what m5 said is correct :P

But yea man is there any local shops around you? Listen to see what sounds best to you.

Yeah we have like 2 good shops around here that aren't kicker nut huggers lol I don't believe we have any that carry top shelf brands like sundown etc...

Most likely you'll be happy with some kickers, alpines or rockfords.

The ia comps in the ssa store have been a big hit. Many people really like them. Same with the alpine type R comps. Not saying they're gonna be what you like but they are well liked.

You'd better go listen to what you can find locally.  You can come back to the forum and tell us what you liked and why. Or buy the ones that you like.

Lot of people only talk about the bass, but the front speakers are the heart of the sound : you can enjoy the music without sub, but you can't enjoy anything with only a sub playing !

Don't think Kicker is bad : you would be surprised.  :)  :)
Are you sure the amp you find still works ? Which amp is it ?

You'd better go listen to what you can find locally. You can come back to the forum and tell us what you liked and why. Or buy the ones that you like.

Lot of people only talk about the bass, but the front speakers are the heart of the sound : you can enjoy the music without sub, but you can't enjoy anything with only a sub playing !

Don't think Kicker is bad : you would be surprised. :):)

Are you sure the amp you find still works ? Which amp is it ?

Oh no not saying kicker is bad by any means people around here just talk it up to be the best of the best in every category lol but its just an off brand California 2400 MOSFET. Don't even know when or where I got it to be honest lol think back when I was just a youngster at a lot auction it was in with numerous things. But it does work put power to it earlier and everything seemed to be in working order

In Fort Wayne there are 2 shops I can think of that are still open outside of big box like Best Buy and ABC Warehouse. Classic City carries basically nothing for car audio when I was in there last year and D&B has nothing that can be demo'd. So unless he wants to drive to Indy he isn't going to find much to listen to.

What is your budget for speakers?

What is your budget for speakers?

That's a toss up there lol maybe a couple bills. Don't want to go too cheap and lose out on quality and get something that won't last really long. Definitely something better than Boss lol