ncc74656

team 18 dual amp setup?

I have a guy waning to buy my SP4 so im considering an upgrade. the low end bass of the 29hz box has grown on me and i want it louder. my thought was to keep my 8.2 cubic box that i have my SP4 in and use that for a Team 18. I currently run a single KX2500.1 (2005 model) for my SP4. I was thinking of setting it up with a second KX2500.1 and buying a dual 2 ohm T18. then running 1 amp per coil, throwing my factory alt back into my truck and bracketing my mechman next to it. taking my 3 AGM G49's and isolating them along with the mechman into a dedicated power plant for the stereo and letting my factory alt handle my normal vehicle needs with a couple cheap lead acid batteries.

the specs of the TEAM seem very close to that of the SP4 so i would think the box would work just fine as its made of 1.5" mdf. of course i can always build a new one but i wounder if thats necessary given how similar the subs are. 

has anyone on here run 1 amp per coil before? i have never done it but i would think i could use a DMM to voltage test the outputs and match them to keep both amps in sync. anyone see a reason why this would not work?

It will work fine.  You don't even have to match the amps, it makes no difference really.  They could even be playing different signals (you will loose output obviously) and it won't hurt a thing...  Just set them as close as you can and don't worry about it.

The only reason to match them is so they both run out of gas at the same time, that is really it...