redrider

07 xterra... build for the wife

Had alittle delay on this.... lost my grandfather a few weeks ago so this got put on the back burner. I will say that I have about 2 layers on the sub area to go and about 1 layer on the amp area and then the fun should begin....body work

Sorry to hear that man.

Sorry to hear that man.

Thanks. Its been hard but getting thru it

Sorry to hear that man.

no problem man, I lost my grandpa back in college and I still miss him. My prayers are out to ya.

Sorry to hear that man.

no problem man, I lost my grandpa back in college and I still miss him. My prayers are out to ya.

i really appreciate it.... im trying to handle it the best i can but its not easy. my grandmother is helping though since she is being strong through this whole ordeal. we didnt expect her to be doing so well but family has rallied behind her. definitely going to be hard this holiday season since i didnt get to see him last holiday and was looking forward to the holidays with family this year...

i should have an update on this though the next two days.

It absolutely sucks when someone dies.  No way around it.  But, in time, it goes away and all you think about is the good times...

My condolences to you and your family. I try to spend as much time with my grandmothers as I can before I lose them. Hang in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My condolences to you and your family. I try to spend as much time with my grandmothers as I can before I lose them. Hang in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

thanks...I appreciate that. Yeah definitely can't take our grandparents for granted. I will say I had a good 26 years with my grandpa and just glad he went out the right way....no pain. Im also thankful I still have 3 other grandparents.

Promise to have more updates this week

Hey man I know exactly how you feel. Me and my mom just found my great grandma today. She passed away in her sleep. Right now I'm doing everything I can to keep my mind off of it but it's hard. You have my prayers.

Sorry to hear man- We laid my Grandmother to rest 2 weeks ago today.  It is a hard thing to go thru. 

Hey man I know exactly how you feel. Me and my mom just found my great grandma today. She passed away in her sleep. Right now I'm doing everything I can to keep my mind off of it but it's hard. You have my prayers.

sorry to hear about your lost as well. i couldnt imagine being the one to find a love one passed away but its best they go in their sleep. my gpa went into a coma on the way to sunday church. my mom and grandmother were with them when it happened. my grandmother and the doc's made the tough decision at the hosipital after a few hours in the coma that it was time to let him go. alot of factors played into the decision but either way a tough one to deal with. i appreciate the prayers.

Sorry to hear man- We laid my Grandmother to rest 2 weeks ago today.  It is a hard thing to go thru. 

ok my thread has turned into a sad one :( seems like everyone is loosing everyone....WTH! sorry man to hear about your lost as well. i know he is gone but still cant grasp that he is gone if that makes any sense. we will lay him to rest, well his ashes next friday at a veteran's memorial cemetery in florida. emotions will run high once again that day im sure.

again to everyone i really appreciate the comments, and prayers. means alot esp coming from people i have never met. also to the ones that recently lost members of their families.... i feel your pain and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families as well.

depending on the weather today will determine if i get any glass work done.... woke up and it was raining so im hoping it clears by the end of the day if not tomorrow morning i will hit the box with a layer and then after work do another. hoping to have this thing ready for filler come this weekend. we shall see.

Good looking build.

Looking forward to seeing more build pics.  Thanks for the kind words also.

Good looking build.

thanks i appreicate it

ok so since this thing is getting close to body work i kinda want to get the port mounted but im not sure what size to run.... should i do 2 4" ports(one on each side) or do a 5-6" port on the passenger side? im looking to tuned like 32hz although i have seen alot of guys run these subs at 36hz.... any suggestions. box is right around 5 cubes before port displacement etc....

Looking forward to seeing more build pics.  Thanks for the kind words also.

no problem man.... im hoping to do a test fit of the box before body work happens so stay tune for those pics.

ok so since this thing is getting close to body work i kinda want to get the port mounted but im not sure what size to run.... should i do 2 4" ports(one on each side) or do a 5-6" port on the passenger side? im looking to tuned like 32hz although i have seen alot of guys run these subs at 36hz.... any suggestions. box is right around 5 cubes before port displacement etc....

Anyone?

Alittle extra help

IMG_20140301_191856_zpsbd45af23.jpg

Double post

Edited by redrider

I may be all screwed up- since I have no experience with aero ports...but I come up with 2 6" ports at 27"L...and may still be on the small side.  Only posting this since no one else has jumped in.  But if it were me- that is where I'd start.

Based on below...

post-40683-0-34149300-1393879824_thumb.j

Edited by Leedogg

I think . I ran a 6" port it would be just one.... if I did a 4" port would possibly do 2

Think im going with a 5" port

Did alittle work today.... sanded the whole box and then put down some filler I thought I had more filler but I didnt so have to order some more

IMG_20140322_150726_zps798c8d85.jpg

IMG_20140322_161138_zpsc56c3c66.jpg

How's the box coming along? Did you finish yet? It's looking good so far!