Thumpper

Hertz Mille Components ??

I am trying to decide what to run on my front stage and I have been curious about  these

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/schedaProdotto_en.asp?id=2&idcat=31&idprod=98&numid=1&numcat=2&numprod=4

has anyone here run these yet or have any experience with the Mille 's ???

I have been looking at this set for my front stage and wanted to see if people who got them

in their installs are happy with their performance for the $$$$...comments good or bad

dont those cost like over a grand? cant imagine a speaker being good enough to justify that price. in a car at least 

dont those cost like over a grand? cant imagine a speaker being good enough to justify that price. in a car at least 

Agreed. Invest in good processing and raw drivers, and achieve more for less. Have I tried or heard them...no. So take my comment for what it's worth.

Heard pair of 3 ways a month ago and loved it. I wouldn't pay that much for them but they sure did jam.

I do not buy cheep components...they always sound like shit to me when I do

the last ccomponents I had were the JBL 660gti"s at $1500 a pair and they

were to date the best sounding components I have ever owned and they took 400w rms

per channel for 5 years flawlessly...still in perfect shape in a buddies car

so imo a good set of comps are worth the $$$

I might take a chance on these....last time I had to buy 2 sets of comps to get

the double mid bass up front

Edited by Thumpper

Have you had good processing when you have tryed cheaper speakers? Or did you just have cheap component sets?

Have you had good processing when you have tryed cheaper speakers? Or did you just have cheap component sets?

Good processing is not gonna miracously make cheap components all of a sudden gain midbass.

I have always found that if I spend the money on a good quality product

there is no need to equalize or process the shit out of it

I have never heard them, they look nice though.  Just realize you are paying a huge chunk for aesthetics with those...

I use the mille tweeters and I'm satisfied with them .

for the money and a complete set I;d rather have focal KRX set

I listened to the Focal K2 3 way in a demo board...they are REALLY bright

but a single mid bass up front is a bit weak...I am use to being able to feel

the mid bass in my seat and bounce the mirrors with it

almost considered grabbing 2 more sets of 660's but I want 3 way this time

True ... Geez this is soo true !!!

I see this all the time.....some people will rather skimp on components and save $500

but then they turn around and spend that saved $500 on processing to end up with

a final result that is lacking

My mille tweeters are great on axis! They play plenty low and never strain and most of all they're not overly bright like focals I had before

the midbass i hear lacks a bit in punch... I personally have the HSK 165xl and they're great also

nice to know...the install would have to work in favour of being on axis

that is why I liked the 660gti tweeters...those wave guides really widened

the listening window

I see this all the time.....some people will rather skimp on components and save $500

but then they turn around and spend that saved $500 on processing to end up with

LOL. Using active filters and processing allows one to use drivers that excel in a specific installation and adjust/compensate for environmental effects. You can literally tailor the entire setup for the best sound in a given installation. I don't consider that skimping. Though I admit they require a lot more time to setup.

I have nothing against component sets either, but the ones I've heard with exorbitant price tags weren't inherently better then the well planned active setups I've heard.

LOL. Using active filters and processing allows one to use drivers that excel in a specific installation and adjust/compensate for environmental effects. You can literally tailor the entire setup for the best sound in a given installation. I don't consider that skimping. Though I admit they require a lot more time to setup.

I have nothing against component sets either, but the ones I've heard with exorbitant price tags weren't inherently better then the well planned active setups I've heard.

true.... I have run active in the past and tried all kinds of

midbass ,mids and tweet combinations , they sounded really good

to me until I sat in a car with some ridiculously high priced

components

not saying all high priced components worth it but there are a few set ups

I have heard and owned that just sound awesome and at the same time I have

owned a couple that were not

for example the CDT Eurosport set up I had REALLY sucked ...biggest waste

of money I have ever seen in one of my systems...

almost $1800 for that set up back then

http://www.showyoursound.nl/Editorials/Editorial.asp?EditorialID=161

Edited by Thumpper

Keep in mind when demo'ing any set of speakers; they are only going to sound as good as the install/processing. Biggest flaw in the "listening" processes is assuming that just because you heard something, you can speak definitively about their actual performance. The high dollar setups you heard might have sounded fantastic less because of the speakers and more because of the setup/tuning. On the flip side, the high priced or "cheaper" setups you heard that didn't sound good might have not sounded good because of the install/tuning and not because of the speakers.

Certainly there are some flaws in a speaker design that can't be tuned out or short comings that can be tuned in, but considering the environment and challenges we face in a vehicle assuming you can drop big money on speakers to solve all of your problems is a bit naive. Matter of fact it would be a SIGNIFICANTLY better idea to spend less on speakers and purchase a processor than to spend it all on speakers. No matter how good the speakers are, when you put them in a shitty environment with no tuning they are not going to be performing to their full potential. It would not be unreasonable to assume that a less expensive speaker but well tuned and installed will sound significantly better than the more expensive speakers with no tuning.

I doubt any of those high prices speakers objectively perform significantly better than raw DIY drivers that can be had for a fraction of the cost. Toss in sound processing with the raw drivers and they would smack the shit out of a high end comp set dropped in out of the box with no tuning. Plus the DIY route allows you to select the best drivers for your wants/needs rather than being stuck with what comes in the box.

I couldn't agree more with the previous post.

Edited by ou812

And even the Mille's have a cheap, non-optimized crossover. First rule in crossover design is to measure in situ, conveniently by default running active forces that to occur while allowing you to do all the measurements with your ears. Choosing drivers optimized for location and response will always have the potential to destroy ones of much higher quality with an inappropriate crossover.

And if you take that same budget and apply it you can even get into somewhat exotic drivers which in the right hands are really awesome.

Price the F1 and the Scan Revelator and it puts things in perspective.

Not that the Mille isn't a nice set, I like the way they sound better than the comparable Focal set.

I will most likely run a processor with this set up ,I have been looking at a few, some of those new digital processors are really flexible but

a signal processor can do many things to affect the sound but it cannot do everything because the signal processor does not produce the sound directly. That task falls to the speakers. Even the most capable signal processor can only deliver the best sound the speakers can create, and low-end speakers are generally unable to take full advantage of the perfectly balanced clean signal provided by a high-end signal processor. This is why I like speakers to be capable of producing clean enough sound to take full advantage of it.

I can not find much of any review on these things anywhere on line.....too new I guess but from what most of the

stuff I can find on some of their other stuff looks good

Scan Revelator ??......I'll check it out

You don't want Revelator's off the shelf in your car. That wasn't my comment nor the point. When you search both though the lightbulb will fire smile.png

Don't confuse speaker price with speaker performance. Low end in price and low end in performance are two completely different things. There is most definitely a point of diminishing returns, and there are most definitely less expensive speakers that outperform higher priced speakers.

Don't confuse speaker price with speaker performance. Low end in price and low end in performance are two completely different things. There is most definitely a point of diminishing returns, and there are most definitely less expensive speakers that outperform higher priced speakers.

I have walked into a couple component sets that are comparable to much cheeper  priced ones already

that's why I am taking my time with this purchase...if all fails I might have to get a couple more sets

of 660gti's...cause so far I have not come across anything more impressive as of yet

I can by amp those 660 x overs with a Bit 1 and I  know I would be happy