Sign in to follow this  
Lee Carter

ethos 18's

Q- you still planning the 18" ethos?  I saw in the 10" thread the you stated late this yr, but also mentioned that the 10 would be a different line.

ETHOOSSSSSSSSSSS YEAHHH!!

What Dictator said :P

im sure the 18  is not far off....

im not sure about this.. only a personal opinion .. i think the 10 maybe offered  in a different line because of its excursion .. i know that  with some long throw high motor force subs like the etho  it binds up..  an issue with the spiders i think it is... geometry just does not work out...

i think...

this is just me talking out of my ass.

I thought Quentin said an ethos 10 wouldn't he made because of the high motor force? Could be wrong tho.

yep Bassink...that is what he said in the 10's thread.  It just confused me cause I was under the impression that the Ethos 18's were coming sooner than this fall/winter...

No other size baskets have been ordered. There will be 18 baskets ordered after Chinese New Year making a 18 avaliable for the end of year holidays. No other sizes will be avaliable till then as I have to bulk order at least 100 at a time from china and that is a 4 to 6 month turn around.

A 10 has been asked about several times. I have a couple 10 frames an parts so I'll build one. I can tell you now it will not be musically pleasing. At least not like the Ethos. It is just too much motor force. I'll build one and have it tested. If there is enough interest for something like that then I'll sell it.

There's all the answers ^^^ lol

Nevermind what I said :P

Edited by Bassink

No other size baskets have been ordered. There will be 18 baskets ordered after Chinese New Year making a 18 avaliable for the end of year holidays. No other sizes will be avaliable till then as I have to bulk order at least 100 at a time from china and that is a 4 to 6 month turn around.

A 10 has been asked about several times. I have a couple 10 frames an parts so I'll build one. I can tell you now it will not be musically pleasing. At least not like the Ethos. It is just too much motor force. I'll build one and have it tested. If there is enough interest for something like that then I'll sell it.

I thought your subs were built by Nick at IA?

I t

A 10 has been asked about several times. I have a couple 10 frames an parts so I'll build one. I can tell you now it will not be musically pleasing. At leastot like the Ethos. It is just too much motor force. I'll build one and have it tested. If there is enough interest for something like that then I'll sell it.

I thought that's were he got his parts hook up.....But I'm talkin outta my ass also!lol Edited by garychurch84

I'm sure he has to get the parts himself.. then have Nick build it.

He also has other engineers who help design his equipment.  That's 3 sources right there.  

Then sell it, 4 sources.. then us buy it, 5 sources, lol.

Then go to a show and watch all the crazy videos.. 6,7,8,9,10,11+ sources AHHHHHHHH!

No other size baskets have been ordered. There will be 18 baskets ordered after Chinese New Year making a 18 avaliable for the end of year holidays. No other sizes will be avaliable till then as I have to bulk order at least 100 at a time from china and that is a 4 to 6 month turn around.A 10 has been asked about several times. I have a couple 10 frames an parts so I'll build one. I can tell you now it will not be musically pleasing. At least not like the Ethos. It is just too much motor force. I'll build one and have it tested. If there is enough interest for something like that then I'll sell it.

Im pretty sure they are as thats been stated several times but Quentin can also build a driver as well. Edited by jay-cee

It's Q's product, so Q has to supply the material, not the build house.

Any updates on a 10" and 18", it's been a couple of months, just wanted to see where we stand as of today.

10's won't happen with the Ethos. Spider pack is way to thick and motor is way too strong. The will be another driver, the Encore, that will be available in a 10 in 5 or so months.

18's will be available in the same timeframe.

Everyone's worried about 18's and 10's and I'm just sittin' here waiting for Q to kill Exodus Anarchy's...

Everyone's worried about 18's and 10's and I'm just sittin' here waiting for Q to kill Exodus Anarchy's...

would be interesting.

would be interesting.

If anyone can... it'd be him.

would be interesting.

Now there's a thought!

You got to help me out with that comment. I thought anarchy was a 6.5

Yea Q. There's so many high frequency options, full rangers, horns, tweeters, etc. 6.5-8" midbasses that blow others out of the water is something I think that would be extremely profitable. How much time do we spend arguing with rookies about why pwx's are crap?

This has already been put in the pipeline. Neo MMAG 6.5's and tweeters designed by Pat and Enrique with the option of passive crossovers designed by Vance. ETA next year.

They will be similar in fashion to the drivers here

charlesgrecco.com/tech.htm

those neo drivers look wild...looks expensive.LOL

This has already been put in the pipeline. Neo MMAG 6.5's and tweeters designed by Pat and Enrique with the option of passive crossovers designed by Vance. ETA next year.

lifter.giflifter.giflifter.giflifter.giflifter.giflifter.gifbigok.gif