Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

working on POP an POS material

My noob attempt at a new steamlined logo.  something that can be recognizable.

DSSlogoblack_zpscb0eaac0.png

I don't really like it, of course that is just my opinion though.

I don't think it is bad...

help me out.  I want something like the Mc Donald arches..Somthing that when seen you KNOW its Direct sound solutions.  I can build a hell of a box but my artistic abilty is lacking.  It' sbeen over a decade since I delt with visual arts

help me out.  I want something like the Mc Donald arches..Somthing that when seen you KNOW its Direct sound solutions.  I can build a hell of a box but my artistic abilty is lacking.  It' sbeen over a decade since I delt with visual arts

Oh trust me I can't do better but I think that it can be better. I know that you take a lot of pride in your brand and would like to see other options. Maybe Stefan can do something? And again this is just me, try to get a few designs and make a poll maybe? 

I'd even be willing to pay for a little help.  I'd even consider paying for services.  I'm sure someone around here has some mad photoshop and illustrator skills.  I am wanting to go with a simple industrialized look.  Nothing fancy, clean and well presented, but kinda give off a rough simple approach.  I guess the best way to explain it would be facebook's approach simple clean recognizable. 

Oh trust me I can't do better but I think that it can be better. I know that you take a lot of pride in your brand and would like to see other options. Maybe Stefan can do something? And again this is just me, try to get a few designs and make a poll maybe? 

my main issue is learning curve with the programs.  I can sling out stuff on paper like no body's business.  Getting it to work in adobe is my down fall.  I just don't have the experienc ewith the programs

my main issue is learning curve with the programs.  I can sling out stuff on paper like no body's business.  Getting it to work in adobe is my down fall.  I just don't have the experienc ewith the programs

Put what you are thinking on paper and have someone translate it into a computer rendering. I've seen your art, and know that you are capable of some cool stuff.

I have a photo graphic memory.  I can see the finish product in my head I just dont have the skill set on these damn computers to implement it.  I will be working duing chinese new year on a site and gatherin g all info on the Ethos and the product that will be available fo the fall

Pm'd ya something.

J

I like it, but I think you could make it slightly more unique to really set it off.

I like it! But it definitely reminds me of chip foose font.

I like it! But it definitely reminds me of chip foose font.

It does now that you say that.  I like to micro manage, i'm just gonna make a bunch of stuff then hand it over to a professional and let them perfect it. 

I say, make it something bold, and emasculate, create the image of performance and build quality. I like the darker colors, that goes along the image these woofer portray. That in your face, no holds bar performance. Something that represent nothing was left to chance. The image is everything, so it needs to represent so. I like the open-air font, I do, but I don't think of an 70 pound woofer when I see it either. So just try to find that balance, and I'm sure it will draw much interest. 

Bordom has gotten the best of me. I'm not by any means good at this though. Just playing around for fun.

DSS_zps58cf04d2.jpg

I know tim (14k) is really good at PS

I can sometimes come up with good stuff. Ill bust open ps and post a few things

Bit more subtle 

DSS2_zps73823ca1.jpg

Bordom over, last for the night as I got work in the morning. I'm sure there are ton's better artists out there as I was just throwing stuff together for ideas. Reason I keep the raised lettering is cause I feel that since you chose it on your dustcaps it should reflect on your logo as a whole one way or another. Even if it isn't the exact same I think it should be in there somehow. Just my 2 cents.

DSS3_zpsb78763ae.jpg

Edited by nadcicle

Bordom over, last for the night as I got work in the morning. I'm sure there are ton's better artists out there as I was just throwing stuff together for ideas. Reason I keep the raised lettering is cause I feel that since you chose it on your dustcaps it should reflect on your logo as a whole one way or another. Even if it isn't the exact same I think it should be in there somehow. Just my 2 cents. DSS3_zpsb78763ae.jpg

I like this one

Bordom over, last for the night as I got work in the morning. I'm sure there are ton's better artists out there as I was just throwing stuff together for ideas. Reason I keep the raised lettering is cause I feel that since you chose it on your dustcaps it should reflect on your logo as a whole one way or another. Even if it isn't the exact same I think it should be in there somehow. Just my 2 cents.

DSS3_zpsb78763ae.jpg

Yeah, I like this one. Definitely has that "in your face" mentality I was describing previously.

DSS3_zpsb78763ae.jpg

Very clean!

Well, I'm not as good at Photoshop as I remembered lol. I made one although completely different than what's here.

DSS-1.jpg

Turns out my version of PS is a pirated version and adobe has found a way to stop me from using it. I was able to create that and when I went to restart it to load up the 2200 fonts I had saved on disk I was locked out... Unless I get it back open that's all I got. Sorry.

Edited by smashedz28

The font on the last one is really nice. Really legible even when small. Looks like it would monogram well also.

I'm sis robed to adobe's cloud so I have access to their entire deal. Deviant art has some nice stuff also.