Sign in to follow this  
QuickQuestion

(2) Fi Q's or (2) SSA XCON's off a Crescendo BC3500D at one oh

Wondering which would get lower and deeper (not necessarily louder) on a daily basis. I listen to strictly Decaf and chopped & screwed music in the high 20Hz range and low 30's

Low end is more about the enclosure and less about which subs.  Both are excellent choices.

Ok then I assume that either sub-stage would be capable of achieving the same goal for me and handling the power just fine as well

Ok then I assume that either sub-stage would be capable of achieving the same goal for me and handling the power just fine as well

What does "handling the power" have to do with anything? 

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but I thought there were volume knobs on most head units...

The point is, he has no idea how much power he needs because he hasn't modeled.  He also, under no circumstance must apply over the thermal rating of the sub, with any amplifier.  Additionally, basing any subwoofer selection on RMS rating is only slightly more meaningful than the color on the dustcap. 

There are and I like to be able to crank them as well as the gains on my amp to at least just before clipping. Also the base was off which would get deeper and lower not the RMS rating

Nonetheless I do see where 95Honda is coming from. Volume knobs and gain settings exist for a reason

Again, the power power sent to the subs is entirely up to your right hand on your head unit.  The only way to be completely safe from the possibility of thermally destroying your subwoofers is to buy an amplifier with an RMS rating that is less than 1/2 of the subwoofer RMS rating.  If you are unwilling to do that, there is no end-all setting to keep you from cooking your subwoofers.

The amplifier should always be your last choice after you have purchased your subwoofers and built your enclosure.  The reason is, you have no idea how much power will be required to get full output from your subwoofers before you run out of linear excursion.  

Buying the amplifier first is the same as purchasing 100 gallons of gasoline for a car you have not purchased yet, and not knowing the type of gasoline the car will require to perform optimally...

Your welcome.  I just hate seeing people buy the wrong stuff, and then messing something up in the process...