Sign in to follow this  
lilman

Two twelves vs single fifteen for daily groundpounder

I want only lows. Will the 18 also smash the driver in the car or just more let ppl from a distance know whats up

Then you want the most square inches of sub surface area you can fit in your vehicle.

And build a good enclosure for it if you have the space. 

Lol is that even street legal?

you can have a double din and do a backup camera. I genuinly dont know if every little thing about walling a car is legal. but I doubt you would ever get in any trouble unless your town is cop central and they hate you

Ok then thank you. I was thinking either Dave The Box guy PWK Designs or highoutput enclosures for the box design and build but can't decide between the three:((

Are some of you guys serious with your responses, haha this is going downhill fast.

I would like to know your definition of a groundponder?

Wow is there a lot of misinformation lol

OP, whatever your next post is in this thread is please answer these questions.

What vehicle and where in the vehicle is the box and everything being placed?

What are the max dimensions you are willing to give up?

How much power?

What is you're electrical like?

What's your budget?

We can't help unless we know these things.

Also you're getting mixed up on which will hit low better and louder and deeper or whatever the fuck you want. That will mostly depend on who and how the box is designed. I can make 10s hit lower than 18s. All depends on the box. The Xcons I feel are right there with the Xs and probably Z v.4s. The Xcons are insane with the lows (of course in the right box). I've had the Xcons and they're nuts and the Xs too (which are similar too the Z v.4s. The Xcons don't need a lot of power to get loud either.

Depending on your answers to the questions above will be the path you take. Some things to think about is that 2 xcon 12s will cost more than a Z v.4 15". The boxes will be around the same for both setups maybe the 12s box being a little bigger. I saw you mention the 18? We will have to see if that will fit from your dimensions given.

I have asked what vehicle he has and have gotten no answer.

My bad OLD FART did not notice your asking. Its a Ford Taurus. Ide have to check on the dimensions, electrical is stock for now and I don't even know what to power it with considering I'm not positive what subs I should get

And budget?

I just wanted to see what you guys thought I should go with between a single 15 and two 12's then I can take time and do the necessary electrical upgrades once I know how much power is needed to properly feed the speakers

My bad OLD FART did not notice your asking. Its a Ford Taurus. Ide have to check on the dimensions, electrical is stock for now and I don't even know what to power it with considering I'm not positive what subs I should get

You should read the forum rules and start in the newbie section.

Read the rules it's that simple.

wow

lmao, probably the worst thread / responses I've ever read on this forum. 

Heisenberg - You should probably stop responding

OP - You should do a little bit more researching around here, and just in general. We are here to help you yes, to make informed decisions, but this can't be done if you think 12 + 12 = 24 when talking about sub woofers. What you are trying to compare is referred to as "sd". You want to compare the difference of the sd when comparing a 12 to a 15 etc. I would spend a month or two researching before making another purchase, of any kind. 

Bassink - Thank you for attempting to straighten this mess out.

OP, to answer your question, in a basic response, I would chose the two 12" xcons vs the single 15 and tune it to 32hz with adequate port area. And pay someone to build the design.

Since all of this is likely window shopping then two 12's will outperform one 15. But I can make one 15 sound awfully damn good if allowed to do it right. My guess is that if you heard either setup done corretly then either one will suit your needs. Find out how much money and space you have then make a decision. Either option can meet your goals.

At the end of the day your wallet makes the decision.

wow......

this is a retarded thread

it depends on the vehicle , amount of room for the enclosure and is there

room for the enclosure to unload properly....how much power ????

realistically I can make a pair of 10" woofers destroy a couple of 12" or a 15"

in the right environment for DIGGING low notes.... you would easily hear them hammering

and rumbling from a few blocks away....and sound good doing it

not enough info in this thread to give an answer

just remember if you do not have the room to do it right trying to go big will cost you performance

but if it was my choice I would try and make two 12" work...(if there was enough room)

Edited by Thumpper

I would listen to some of the more experienced members on here

Edited by DedicatedEnthusiast

The fact that people either don't know how, or are too lazy to calculate the area of a simple circle baffles me. Freshman math. Not college freshman math, HIGH SCHOOL MATH.

I had geometry in 6th grade and covered all that is necessary here. The OP is Ubwr confused. Overall box dimensions would really help