onebadmonte

Ascendant Audio.....Is it coming to a stop?

What's up? There hasn't been much going on around these parts. I figure I'd kick up the dust and ask is tjete anything in the works or is Ascendant Audio getting wrapped up? I did a quick search on the net for Ascendant Audio, but nothing. :/ Hope to hear some interesting news.

Not sure what is going on with the website at the moment, but subs are still in production.

Not sure what is going on with the website at the moment, but subs are still in production.

Well, there's at least a little light. I was just a little curious as the product line was cut down a bit. I was just guessing they were slowly closing product out.

Well, there's at least a little light. I was just a little curious as the product line was cut down a bit. I was just guessing they were slowly closing product out.

As material costs continue to rise, and the race to ZERO with cheaply built off the shelf rebadge brands popping up left and right, it is more and more difficult to compete.  Which is making it ever more and more difficult to justify keeping the doors open at American made brands.  Hence the slow disappearance of the smaller models of lower profit.

I think the main problem is the website ... I guess they're working on it right now ! since I cant get on it  .

I was wondering the same thing a few weeks back, I just took it as them restructuring.

As material costs continue to rise, and the race to ZERO with cheaply built off the shelf rebadge brands popping up left and right, it is more and more difficult to compete.  Which is making it ever more and more difficult to justify keeping the doors open at American made brands.  Hence the slow disappearance of the smaller models of lower profit.

Its a shame to see subs like the Ascendant Audio Assassin and the 2nd gen Fi X subs go. Wish i wouldve held on to the ones I had. They were/are surprisingly capable subs. Any word on what the future might hold?

I find this so frustrating. So many cheap garbage clone companies popping up lately. It's to the point that any 20 something can order clones and start a company with a new logo and semi-different heatsink and the kiddos blow them like they've developed the latest and greatest thing. That's the problem with our country now. There is NO innovation. The good companies develop great products and then get undercut by small-fry startups that don't even have a buildhouse, just a single rollup where they take orders and wait for a boat/truck to arrive. Thanks for ruining our once great country.

Its a shame to see subs like the Ascendant Audio Assassin and the 2nd gen Fi X subs go. Wish i wouldve held on to the ones I had. They were/are surprisingly capable subs. Any word on what the future might hold?

Nick or Scott would know the best on the future for Ascendant.

Is Chad still the owner?

Chad has not owned AA for quite a long time. See Aaron's post for ownership.

Wasn't sure.  I just remember all the Adire/Chad drama back in 05'-06'...

I find this so frustrating. So many cheap garbage clone companies popping up lately. It's to the point that any 20 something can order clones and start a company with a new logo and semi-different heatsink and the kiddos blow them like they've developed the latest and greatest thing. That's the problem with our country now. There is NO innovation. The good companies develop great products and then get undercut by small-fry startups that don't even have a buildhouse, just a single rollup where they take orders and wait for a boat/truck to arrive. Thanks for ruining our once great country.

I've been complaining about this for YEARS.  It takes zero knowledge to start an audio company anymore.  Just enough capital to meet minimum order quantities, and then the lemmings on the internet run around circle jerking each other about how this essentially off the shelf OEM product is the best new product on the market, despite the fact there are 10 other nearly identical products already on the market.  Most of the time the owners don't know or understand their own products, or much about audio.  They just thought it would be cool to start their own company and then get enough people to pimp them on the forums.  It's ruining, or probably better stated already has ruined, the industry.

I could not agree more. The little people with no understanding or knowledge of how things work get all kinds of excited about this amazing amplifier that will do 2.5k on stock electrical no problem whatsoever. When they blow the shit out of the woofer ie clipped to death, they all cheer on how underrated the amplifier must be because of the "insane amount of power" that blew the woofer. It's like falling on your face and being applauded for your superhuman balance. It has destroyed the market. There are two hell holes we've sunken into; the first being the people blowing eachother over the same gear that's been floating around for years with a new badge, and of course this retarded obsession with "custom" woofers. Every kid who knows how to use glue thinks they're a goddamned engineer. The result of course being a bunch of shitbox woofers with unknown parameters and therefore no way to build a proper enclosure BUT WHO CARES?! All people want is an inexpensive option to make enough noise to compensate for their inability to succeed in life. /endrant

No dont stop. Tell us how you really feel.

You're still in SIN mode.  ;) The old Atlas were pretty nice pieces.

:lol:

You're still in SIN mode.  wink.png The old Atlas were pretty nice pieces.

I still have an Avalanche somewhere...

Its getting Therapeutic in here haha.