Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

SEALED REAR CHAMBER BP ENCLOSURE (4TH ORDER)

Also, can anyone input about my question in regards to port area of an BP?

All volumes are net. You will find in most instances the volume of the port will exceed the net volume of the chamber itself.

BOOM!

I think I found something guys haha

So, this whole time, we've been referring to this enclosure design "sealed box into ported chamber, an 4th order bandpass. BUT, I think I found something. Doing a little google search, I found this site. 

http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com/HowTo-1Woofer-BoxPaid-New.htm

Now, I'm not sure on it's accuracy, or creditably. But, it sounds good to me. Anyways, the box is called,

Single reflex band pass

box9.jpg

Sealed enclosures that play into a tune enclosure that acts an s a low pass filter... This increases efficiency within the “pass band” or usable frequency range of the enclosure.

Pros: Can be made very efficient within the pass-band”, can be designed for increased gain in a band of frequencies, increased power handling within the band.

Cons:  Distortion hard to hear so, it’s very easy to destroy woofers, increased gain designs sacrifice low end response, relatively large enclosures very difficult to design and build, very sensitive to design/construction errors.

--------

So, tell me what you guys think?

Damn, just did a search and found the wiki link, which describes this orientation as Compound or 4th order band-pass enclosure. fml lol

I have one question. When figuring out the port do I use net our total after displacement?

I believe net?

I used the program and got the box figured out for two ethos 12's and I'm goin to do an external port but do I follow the port area for a ported box ( 80 sq. in.)? Or since all the sound comes from the port do they need a larger port? I want to give it an honest shot and get the best results. Thanks anyone