Sign in to follow this  
Cruze12

Can I Fit 2 Fi Sp4 15's In My Trunk?

I've been thinking lately, and have recently become curious if I could fi two Fi Sp4 15's in my trunk of my Cruze. I already have 1 in there, but my question would be if I could should I make it a sealed box or take my rear deck speakers out and have areo ports going through there? Just thoughts, or even do a port in the middle. The max deminsions are 17" height 35" wide and 25 or 27" depth not 100% sure.

Just would like some thoughts on this. I love my sp4 and if this car wasn't so new I'd have a wall of four of them by now lol..but if I am missing anything for you guys to help me out let me know and I'll make it presentable.

Thank you everyone!

No. I have bigger dimensions then that for my trunk I'm going to use and I get 6 cubes tuned to 31hz with 100in2 of port area.

You wont be able to get the aero ports and subs on the front face anyways.

Thanks guys, I didn't wanna hear that lol, I was really hoping I could. Oh well I guess I'll have to wait then lol.

Sucks to hear it lol but too bad they didn't make them in 12s

Yeah, I really wish they made them into 12s. I wish I bought a hatchback now...lol.

Have you tried trunk walling it? I was able to get a ton more space by doing that. Not sure how you measured though.

No I haven't, explain to me how that would work. I'm not familiar with that.

Building the box in the trunk is the only way I see you getting close enough for needed volume

There is a guy doing 150 db from a walled sp4 on 3k.  Keep your hopes up!

No I haven't, explain to me how that would work. I'm not familiar with that.

Have the sub and port face into the cabin. When you look back from driver seat you will see the sub and port. Then build little panels around the box to fill all the gaps so there's no air going back to the trunk.

Would that give me hope for getting two in? Lol

I doubt it. You can measure and see though.

What would I need for them to perform at their best? Cubic feet wise.

Why would you want to put SOO much weight into that cool Sports Car ...

My wife has a 2012 Chevy Cruze ... After reading all of this about 4th order bandpass enclosusres, I thought about hooking my wiffe up with a pair of 10s for her birthday ...

It's only 138hp. Lol I'm not going fast so why not? And besides I want more lol.

Maybe you can get one 15" driver in there ... Should be bad ass with adequate power and electrical.

I have one in already, hooked up to an audioque2220 lol. I just want another. :)

I would recommend the cheapest option and that would be making your enclosure more efficient and/or tuning change. Play around with your dimensions and see what you can do in order to build another enclosure. Sorry I missed it but which way is your sub facing, if towards the rear then flip it around and seal off your cabin from your trunk.

Adding may be a plus but you also reach the point of diminishing return faster. Just my .02

I'm not sure ... But I'm thinking that you could upgrade your amplifier to a 3500 and get louder

(and upgrade the electrical if needed) ...

I think they're 3-5 cubes per. So like 7 min I would do. But u need proper port area too which will take up a lot.

So it looks like I'm staying with one then lol oh well. I have the set up facing the opening of the trunk. I plan on building a better box and turning it around and sealing it off. I'm also going to be selling this amp tomorrow and I can't run an sq3500 in my car I asked them about it and they said it wouldn't be a good idea since I can't get a upgraded alt yet for my car.

What are you selling the amp for, unless you get a big enough amp to upgrade it will be pointless and you wont hear the difference.

Probably going to buy a CT Sounds 2500.1, not sure yet..

I would keep you're aq2200. I've heard those amps aren't the best.

Sign in to follow this