SpeakerBoy

My BTL is very dirty...How can I clean it?

My BTL is fully functional; however the cone is horribly dusty and dirty from the previous owner. Any ideas on how to clean it? Didn't wanna wipe it, as moisture seems like a dangerous thing to apply to a paper cone.

It's treated paper though.  I mean I wouldn't soak it or anything but you should be fine to wipe it down with a damp cloth.  An Armorall wipe would do good too and worked fine for my Q's.

black magic .. so forth

Should add I didn't watch any of that, just a quick google. More seriously use any non dry solvent and wipe it off and you are fine.

lube it as you would yourself...jergens..

Edited by cloud77

I'm not sure what my reaction to those last two posts are 

lol

Thanks though, :)

I use a good automotive interior cleaner/ moisturizer on all my subs monthly, but I hate dirty subs.

black magic .. so forth

I thought this was a joke til a can of wipes fell off my dad's tool shelf and hit me in the face this morning.

I just use some windex to clean any speaker with a soft cloth towel. Spray the windex on the towel and not the speaker/woofer and go to town lol

I just use some windex to clean any speaker with a soft cloth towel. Spray the windex on the towel and not the speaker/woofer and go to town lol

I'm gonna clean the hell out of it when I get around to ordering a new gasket.

Also, are recones as simple as they seem? I get the concept, but I'm not sure how much room for error there is. I want to snag a pink dust cap cone when I replace my current, my surround is horribly scuffed from my wreck. Motor is fine thankfully.

Think I'm going to have the basket repainted something funky too, something like the Sig Sauer rainbow finish.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Also, are recones as simple as they seem? I get the concept, but I'm not sure how much room for error there is. I want to snag a pink dust cap cone when I replace my current, my surround is horribly scuffed from my wreck. Motor is fine thankfully.

Think I'm going to have the basket repainted something funky too, something like the Sig Sauer rainbow finish.

That's not paint.....

Plain water is better than a chemical as a first shot.

Should add I didn't watch any of that, just a quick google. More seriously use any non dry solvent and wipe it off and you are fine.

OMFG, I watched it. YouTube gold. Up there will full throttle douche bottle.

That's not paint.....
I'm not an idiot, that's why I said 'something like'

It's treated.

I'm not sure what the finish is called.

Edited by SpeakerBoy