ImaSlacker

Fusing and wiring

Question on wiring and fusing. I'm going to get 2/0 scha cable, from my 320a alt to my batteries I I fuse 2 times on one run right? And you add up the fuses on the run, for example if I had to use lets say 500a on the run I'd do 2 250s on the run, one by the alt and other by the battery? Just trying to be safe and get it all right

What is SCHA cable?

1- when running power cable, each end should be fused.  Front to rear runs for example.

However some instances are not required in my opinion for typical reasons-

Wire from amp to battery bank if the wire is less than ~3ft long.  

Wire from alt to battery(up front battery).  The fuse should be close to the battery.  I see no reason to have a fuse close to the alternator. 

2- if you need to use more than 1 fuse to sum the total fusing for your run, you run them in parallel, not series.

What you described is series wiring.  If you had a 250A fuse at each end of the cable, that's only 250A of fusing.

3- don't fuse at 500A even on 4/0 cable!  Another personal opinion of mine, do not fuse a single cable(even if it were 2000KCMil cable) larger than 300-350A.  

The time it would take a LARGE fuse to blow, something dangerous would probably already happen preventing the fuse from protecting from fire, etc

On your alt charge cable, fuse per wire, not by the alt itself.

Example-

Let's say you ran 3 1/0 cables from alt to front battery.

I'd fuse each of those cables with a 200-250A fuse.  

Your logic on number 3 is a little off, you always fuse to rating of the run of wire. If that conductor is rated at 500 amps then fuse for 500 amps.

There is no logical reason to fuse a run anywhere but as close to the current source as possible.

No matter how many fuses (in series) you install on one single run of cable, the rating of the lowest fuse will be the overall maximum current capability.

You fuse for the wire AWG.  Fusing below the maximum wire current rating will ensure faster fuse protection in response to an over-current condition.

Putting a 100 amp fuse on a piece of 1/0 makes zero sense to me, run the proper cable if you want to fuse lower. 

игры человек паук 5 сезон завоевывать весь мир и делать игры онлайн бесплатно самые самые

= :"",:"";.(".", человек паук 3 игра обучение карты, увлекательный сетевой режим?

нам с высоты негоже присматриваться игры человек паук бои 2 и фразы. На месте Хью я

с ног до макушки краской желтого цвета. игры человек паук мозаика на любой конфигурации.

здесь думать почти не заставляют. играть онлайн спайдермен кривляния на движке бесят

разрезе проект мне нравится. новый человек паук игра ошибка в России особенно