Sign in to follow this  
ex650

single cab blow through

Dang ... Now that's a Low Rider !!!

Never got that low with mine ...

image_url-43297-1379396595.jpg

But like I said ... We were working on it until We went and got me a new toy.

Yea, looks like you are very limited on leg room too ... So building a Cut through would help you out a lot there !!!

Perhaps a below the window line wall like mine ...

image_url-43297-1304688615.jpg

But then again ... ALOT of measuring would need to be done ...

its as low as it can get lol it lays frame on 22'' rims! Im about to change the rear setup with a wishbone setup, then change upper and lower control arms so the front doesn't camber when its laid out. then onto the system! I plan on keeping it all under the bed cover

Wow, that was a while ago.  Camaro was a 79', poop brown...  I want to say power was a Soundstream D200...  Or a Punch 75...

Do you remember the Coustic "Bass Pump" around the same time?

I was buying Hollywood Sound Lab, McCauley and Pyle drivers back then.  Good times...

Yes Sir I do ...

Punch 75 ??? Haven't heard that one in a while either ... I remember those Punch 45, 75, and 150s being some bad ass amplifiers ... I remember reading those Car Audio magazine comparisons with the Linear Power 452IQ, 952IQ and the 1502IQ amplifiers ...

I also remember buying old school Blues drivers, Cerwin Vega, and those good ole Kicker Comps !!!

its as low as it can get lol it lays frame on 22'' rims! Im about to change the rear setup with a wishbone setup, then change upper and lower control arms so the front doesn't camber when its laid out. then onto the system! I plan on keeping it all under the bed cover

Cool suspension plans Sir !!! Please post pics of your progress !!! Did you raise up your entire bed floor ???

May take some wild calculations to get a good enclosure in there ...

Edited by Cablguy184

Cool suspension plans Sir !!! Please post pics of your progress !!! Did you raise up your entire bed floor ???
May take some wild calculations to get a good enclosure in there ...

no its still the stock floor, just with trailer fenders and the hole for the notch isn't finished yet.

Bro, my cousin is STILL running a pair of Power 1000 Mosfets in his Chevelle, he bought them brand new in 1990...  They were like $2K each back then or something ridiculous like that...

no its still the stock floor, just with trailer fenders and the hole for the notch isn't finished yet.

OK ... I had a chance to swing by a friend's house with a truck similar to yours ...

So, I broke out the measuring tape !!!

No, his truck is not modified like yours, but shouldn't matter from the front of the rear fender wells and the front section of the bed next to the cab ...

From the looks of things, there should be no problems with the "cut through" mouth being about 49" wide and somewhere along the lines of 10" high ... Couldn't be exact without taking the interior apart, but it's close.

In the bed, there should be plenty of room to put an enclosure large enough for 4 12s or 2 15s ... If you go with 15s, you will have to lay the subs back in a wedge style enclosure but shouldn't make any difference in output if tuned correctly ...

So ... The First thing I would do is find a good length of accordian boot to seal up the opening between the cab and bed ... Please remember that when you make your cuts, DO NOT cut out square corners ... Please make all 4 corners rounded shape so the accordian boot will seal correctly ...

Then you will have to construct the mouth opening from the bed area through the bed / cab holes and into the cabin area ... And physically mount the mough opening to where it actually "mates up" with the bed for a nice tight seal ... Then on to the enclosure design / build ...

26203460092_large.jpg

You can see here on my enclosure where we used those 2x4s on the back side to mate up with the front baffle for a tight seal between the bed and the cab ... I know your build will be different but connecting the mouth area to the cabin area should be a similar application ...

I hope this is what you are looking for ...

Randal

Bro, my cousin is STILL running a pair of Power 1000 Mosfets in his Chevelle, he bought them brand new in 1990...  They were like $2K each back then or something ridiculous like that...

Memories !!! That was about the time I bought my first Linear Power 5002IQ ... droped a smoothe grand and some change there ... Amplifier plays just as good today as it did the day I bought it new from Wood's Stereo ...

well my plans for the box was to have the actual box set back a little and have the opening smaller

4thorder.jpg

something like the pic above, but the opening will be bigger than that. you think it will work well like that? also im ordering a new recone for my 15. do you think the stiffer spider from the new one will hurt anything?

Edited by ex650

That seems like a large enclosure setup for your truck ... meaning that it will be close (and quite possibly going past) to your rear end / monster notch / air ride section ... Every one I've built has been simple ported and tuned with as large of a mouth opening as possible ...

Most enclosures like the one you just posted usually take up just about all of the room in your bed ...

And I would think you need room for compressors / batteries / tanks / and possibley amplifiers ...

I'm sure if you give Ram Designs your maximum demensions ... he will be able to design a specific enclosure that will fit your needs ...

I thought you didn't want to do a bandpass?

that was just a pic I found. my air ride is bag on bar, so I dint have a monster notch and my bed isn't cut up just raised 2'' in the center section. my tank is under the truck with the compressor in the back corner of the bed. I want to have the box opening as big as possible. from what I measured the box will be too big to fit, so the opening will have to be smaller than the box.

does anyone think that will be a problem?

Pics of your bed area and maximum room you are willing to give up would help ...

Just so you know, it there is any volume that goes (loads) through any type of "window" or "opening", it will behave like a band-pass.

well its snowing here right now (im tired of snow) tomorrow I will upload some pics of the bed! so if the opening is say 2'' smaller at the top it will act like a band-pass?

SU1HMDAxNjAtMjAxMTAxMDctMTg0My5qcGc.jpg

this is more of what im wanting to do!

SU1HMDAxNjAtMjAxMTAxMDctMTg0My5qcGc.jpg

Beings that I have a lowrider ... I have to ask

Are you willing to add that much weight to your truck ??? Enclosure (atleast 2 to 3 sheets of 3/4 mdf), drivers, batteries, and amplifiers ???

Also, You want that enclosure to be over the rear end area ???

If so ... I can't wait to see it !!!  

He has air ride...wieght of this nature isn't going to cause any issues.  Just a couple more pounds of air pressure to acheive the same amount of lift.  most all bags systems will lift a plenty.(2-3K per bag).  Prolly make it ride smoother.lol

I'm glad this thread popped back up.I got a friend with the same truck wanting to do two 15's.

Tuned in for the build:)

Before you decide on anything, you should probably see how those subs will behave in your planned alignment.

If you have the time, pick up the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook.  First few chapters will get you squared away.

I found this today<don't know how close it is to the exact book.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_l73GVBBlIUNTc2YTc2YTktNTNmYi00YWNmLTlmY2ItZTU0MTRhMzdkYTAy/edit?pli=1

20140305_002749.jpg

this is the back of my bed. I have inner fender wells going in and the notch is going to be covered up, when the weather is better. the bag setup lifts pretty well! ive had two four wheelers in it and it got off the ground just like normal, so weight isn't a issue.

Edited by ex650

im also ordering a recone kit, so now all I have to do is wait on Fi to get it all shipped

th_20140512_223050.jpg

well ive finally go the rear bag setup re-done on my truck! next up finish my recone then decide on how to build my box!

Not really a great pic, but that's when we pulled it out of the garage!20140521_221547.jpg