Sign in to follow this  
Drew513Ryder

brand new tweeter not working

I got one of the 6.5 cz sets and one of the tweeters is not working, and I can't get a hold of anyone either called a few times and sent an email starting to get mad.

Hard people to get a hold of. It really is one of those cases of it taking time to get an answer. Calling absolutely takes the longest. An email to Sales is about the quickest solution.

Did you try nf@crescendo....?

i sent two emails to sales@crescendo

I'd go ahead with what Aaron said with that email address. I believe it belongs to Navid and i've heard he actually answers emails or at least get's others to answer emails. I literally just got my amp back today and they've had it since October 1st. 

Ok I'll try to email that address and see if I get an answer.

still no answer, I'll just buy and different comp set from a better company

Maybe try Dealers@crescendoaudio.com.

still no answer, I'll just buy and different comp set from a better company

This would be my choice, hope you can get your issue resolved soon.

they called me back today finally, and they are sending me a new one

they called me back today finally, and they are sending me a new one

Great to hear.

junk already blew the 6.5s on not that much power, I guess you can only run them off a hu

junk already blew the 6.5s on not that much power, I guess you can only run them off a hu

I guess i must be a genius then...

I run 500w per 8" driver of the pro audio series and they are only rated for 200wrms.

IF you do not know how to handle the power you have, then failure will occur.

sounds like an install issue 

Yes.

Not the first I've heard of the component issues having problems. However, the guy kept blowing pretty much any component sets he was installing. Was a guy on SMD forums that kept blowing the crossovers and taking the tweeters with them each time I think it was. Wish I was of more help, but I can't remember what he said his issue ended up being. I've never met a passive crossover that i've liked since I don't have the ability to manually control it to my liking. 

Not the first I've heard of the component issues having problems. However, the guy kept blowing pretty much any component sets he was installing. Was a guy on SMD forums that kept blowing the crossovers and taking the tweeters with them each time I think it was. Wish I was of more help, but I can't remember what he said his issue ended up being. I've never met a passive crossover that i've liked since I don't have the ability to manually control it to my liking. 

Well there's your problem. ;)

I won't blame the product or the brand. But how can you blow a speaker so fast ?

I run a 2 x 225 w rms amp to my components, rated for 2 x 80 w rms. They're 8 years old, an had seen several amps : 2x100 (2 ch of a boston gt42), 2x160(on a sundown sax50.4) and the new IA 3.4 bridge. The speakers are still playing fine, and I have always use their original passive filters.

I had a soldier problem on one of the filters, it would not want to stay in the original box, but it was fixed for free, by a friend, easily.

You must do something wrong.

Check everything again : settings, instal,..

I checked everything and and the blown speakers was my fault, had to learn  the hard way sorry I'm still a noobie

I checked everything and and the blown speakers was my fault, had to learn  the hard way sorry I'm still a noobie

Good to see someone admit to fault and not just point fingers, it's part of learning. :)