ricksi30

So I bought a new car....

Well a "new to me" car and it is a 2006 Infiniti m35. I did not want the damn 14 piece bose system but I found a low millege m35 for a good price and it has it. I haven't listened to it yet (I won't be receiving it for another week or two) but I am assuming the worst from my past experiences with other bose equipment. How much of a pain in the ass would it be to install a head unit in the glove box or center console and maintain the factory dash and steering wheel controls. I really don't want to mess with the dash as it has a 6 disc changer in it and is beautiful as it is. I'm at the point where I may just add a sub if the sound isn't terrible, I can't find anyone who really went aftermarket with this system. I know it's a shot in the dark but has anyone dealt with this car or the G35 with the 14 piece bose system? I'll attach a pic of the actual cars interior if it will help.

big body?

you can probably add an aux in unit. google it. 

big body?

002_0002_zpsce62de19.jpg

006_0006_zps988afa10.jpg

012_0012_zps647ab2c9.jpg

014_0014_zps76553808.jpg

025_0025_zpsd3245fe9.jpg

016_0016_zpse36b7a2e.jpg

you can probably add an aux in unit. google it. 

Will do thanks.

Very Nice!

Thank you sir! My friends and I used to go to dealerships when we first got our licenses to test drive cars. I drove this car and fell in love with it back in 06 and told myself I was going to get one someday, 8 years later it has become a reality.

sweeeet:D

sweeeet:D

I'm very excited, I was looking at g35's and came across this within my budget. I love the interior and the looks of the car overall, it's pretty quick stock but I'll probably do a small drop on it and a few bolt ons. Looking to get it in the low 14's to high 13's and mid 5's to 60, not bad for a big ass sedan.

Edited by ricksi30

What are you looking to add by a head unit in the dash?  Are you just trying to make it easier to install speakers?

Nice car Rick. I would just use a Pac to tie into your factory system to add a sub if needed.

I had a bose trailblazer ss and if you are going to add a sub or change the speakers just switch out the whole bose unit.  You can buy a pac adapter that will let you maintain steering wheel controls on aftermarket head units.

The bose unit does not do increase volume by turning the volume up.  It works through the amplifier and turns the gain up i believe.  Look into the bose unit before you start modifying it.  

Just saying...

Edited by smagistro

nice

What are you looking to add by a head unit in the dash?  Are you just trying to make it easier to install speakers?

I don't want to add anything to the dash, I want to keep it looking stock. I am trying to find the easiest way to do a proper front stage while keeping a stock look, and stock functionality.

Nice car Rick. I would just use a Pac to tie into your factory system to add a sub if needed.

Thanks! Yeah at this point I'm thinking I might just add a sub and call it done.

nice

Thanks man.

I love those Infiniti M35s, nice purchase.

I hated the Bose in my Acura and ripped out the: stock unit, speakers, wires and amplifier. But mine is 10 years older then your car.

Edited by jay-cee

Nice ride!

Thanks man! Means a lot coming from the guy who changes cars instead of oil.

I love those Infiniti M35s, nice purchase.

I hated the Bose in my Acura and ripped out the: stock unit, speakers, wires and amplifier. But mine is 10 years older then your car.

Thanks man! I've liked this car since it came out. I also gutted the bose in my I30 but just can't see doing it to this car.

Yeah I definitely wouldnt do it either. You think you can get that 15" Ethos in the trunk, never seen the cargo area before.

Yeah I definitely wouldnt do it either. You think you can get that 15" Ethos in the trunk, never seen the cargo area before.

The trunk looks big but I'm not sure about the opening or the wheel well bulges. I hope that I can get it in with it's current enclosure (which I still haven't even heard yet!!) but if not I'll build something to get it in there. I'm also thinking of a four ethos wall in the I and getting something smaller for the M. Only time will tell I guess. But I will definitely put a sub in it either way.

Congrats on the new car.

Congrats.

And before you go down any route you need to know what kind of Bose implementation it is. Typically they either do all processing in the amp or the h/u. I know duh, huh? If it is in the amp you are set at easy as all you'll need is a proc. If it is the other way you will either need a cleansweep (or similar) and to replace everything after the amp.

GM for instance uses what they call a Lux Bose and a non-Lux. Inconveniently for me the Esky includes the Lux which has the processing in the headunit. The non-Lux actually has over 8v outs and is dead flat at the amp allowing for SUPER easy audio integrations.

Nice car btw.

Congrats.

And before you go down any route you need to know what kind of Bose implementation it is. Typically they either do all processing in the amp or the h/u. I know duh, huh? If it is in the amp you are set at easy as all you'll need is a proc. If it is the other way you will either need a cleansweep (or similar) and to replace everything after the amp.

GM for instance uses what they call a Lux Bose and a non-Lux. Inconveniently for me the Esky includes the Lux which has the processing in the headunit. The non-Lux actually has over 8v outs and is dead flat at the amp allowing for SUPER easy audio integrations.

Nice car btw.

Thanks Sean that is exactly what I wanted to know.