Sign in to follow this  
zak1976

Where ist the "Spaced Spider" option on SP4

Hi,

I am missing the spaced spider option, what happend to this?

Is this option still avalible?

as i understood it : the spaced spider is no longer available because of the new lead wires Fi is using on the team and sp4 woofers .

correct me if i'm wrong

I'd tend to agree. The original concept behind the spaced spider was to reduce coil rocking. After testing there wasn't any so it was deemed unnecessary as far I knew to begin with. Add in that they recently switch to FHAL or whatever the 4 letter abbreviated word is for some F*&* Huge Ass Leads, and you can see that they wouldn't be compatible. I've heard an Sp4 with and without the spaced spider and there is no sound difference or output difference to be heard. I see it as no loss really. 

Saving a few bucks, think of it that way :P

Spaced spider was only required for a certain enclosure design, such as Wedge 4th Order and such. And the new leads are called FOAD

Spaced spider was only required for a certain enclosure design, such as Wedge 4th Order and such. And the new leads are called FOAD

Why was it needed for a particular design not for others? Does a wedge design induce more rock because of the angle?

Sign in to follow this