Brett Ebel

No sound coming from my subs

I need help figuring out why there isn't any sound coming from my subs. I found out that there is a rubber piece missing on the inside of the terminals on my amp.  Could this be why im not getting any sound and if so what should I do?

Well, with as broad of a question as this, i'm assuming you know nothing about troubleshooting so i'll go down the list of things to check.

1st, Is their subs in your vehicle?

Do you have at least 1 battery in the car?

Does the car start up everyday?

Do you have speaker wire going to the subs?

Is the wire connected to the box?

Push down on your subs evenly and listen to rubbing, is it rubbing metal anywhere?

Pull the subs out and see if they are connected to the subs still

Do you have an amp?

Does the wire go to the amp?

Does the amp come on?

Is the protection light on the amp?

Is the fuse(s) blown on the amp or on the power wire?

Does your head unit work?

is there rcas going into the amp?

If so, unplug them with stereo off and plug up another source to your amp like a cell phone and see if that works.

Once you go through al that, then we can begin troubleshooting.

Yes to all of those. they worked just fine about a month ago and I went out and bought new RCA cables. And now nothing is working  but as I was plugging the RCA cables back into the amp I noticed a rubber piece missing on the inside of the terminals. So I was curious if that could be my problem?

Well, this could be simple.. hopefully.. 

Why did you change the cables?

Try different cables... 

When you swapped the cables, was the head unit EVER on?

I do not know what rubber piece you are talking about.

The old RCA's were old and broke. So I purchased new ones from KnuKonceptz.  And no my head unit was not on.  If I could id put up a picture on here but I Don't see anywhere to attaché a file.

You have to host it somewhere like photobucket then link it here.

Are you sure you didn't plug your outputs into inputs?

do you have more than one set of RCA jacks on the amp. For ex. input, output, exc.

yes, look I know how to wire everything up. Everything is done the way its suppose to be. Maybe I got another bad RCA cable.

Break out the meter and start measuring.  Just becaus you KNOW how to do it, doesn't mean you did it right.  I can't tell you how many times I've done something simple properly and racked my brain for hours only to go back and find I made that simple mistake I couldn't possibly have made.

That's my next step.  To much work to keep pulling this box in and out lol.  Ill get back to you if I cant figure it out.

If you were closer to me I wouldnt mind assisting you in some troubleshooting. Im in Arlington, if you cant get it figured out then pm me.

ok so I just pulled by subs out of my box and everything is wired the way there suppose to be. The only thing I can think of is that I bought a faulty RCA cable. 

I don't know what to do .  Subs are wired and tested to 2 ohms.  I looked up on how to test RCA cables and those turned out good if I did it correctly. Not sure on how to test your dead unit to see if the sw outputs are good.  Any suggestions on that would help.  I have a crescendo bc2000d amp power light is on.  Is there a way to test the inputs on the amp?

As I suggested earlier.. plug your phone up to the amp.

Check to make sure you didn't flip the switch for slave<-->master. It needs to be set to master if it isn't already.

How would you do that. And whats the point of that?

This bypasses and narrows down the source unit to make sure if it's your rca's or the headunit itself. 

well I just checked and it was on input slave.  so Ill test it tomorrow and see if that was it  thanks