Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Ethos dual 12 enclosure 39w x 16h x 19.75d

4 CUBIC FEET NET TUNED TO 32 HERTZ.  PORT 4.25 X 14.5 INCHES

DualEthos12export_zps2a3d5eee.jpg

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

looks awesome! 

Edited by Sencheezy

looks awesome! How much port area is that?

4.25 X 14.5

just over 61 sq in.  ~15 sq in per ft.

just over 61 sq in.  ~15 sq in per ft.

Please understand that there is no relevance in comparing volume to vent area.  Ever.  

I have no idea where this came from, but please stop posting this type of thing.

I guess a couple people dont know math :P:

This box was loosely based on measurements I gave Q. I've got 1 of 2 on order. Rather than repeatedly bothering him, I'll ask the masses, can this box be modified to be a center port using the same external dimensions? I'm not all that adept at designing boxes. My only concern is this will be front firing. With the port on the end it will be mostly blocked by the structure of my car. Any help appreciated. :)

Can you share any images of the vehicle? The interior where it will be installed

I guess not. Photobucket says I already have an account. I never signed up for one tho. Is there a different option? I haven't been able to find a pic on google images that would work either.

If port need be in the middle, to achieve the same tuning the box volume will go down compared to port being on side.

I'll have to post pics after work but, the opening into the car is a trapezoid. 17" tall 40" wide at the bottom and 30" tall at the top. The box HAS to face into the car because ford in all of their infinite wisdom made the trunk latch completely electric. With my 12" bl I've shattered it once already. The release handles to drop the seat backs are in the trunk. So... Needless to say it turns into a night mare trying to open the trunk with the emergency release handle when you can't see it. I had to use a camera snake and my slim Jim tools to reopen it.

If the port is put in the center it will eat up too much volume. The box would need to be a tad bigger.

If the port is put in the center it will eat up too much volume. The box would need to be a tad bigger.

Any pros or cons for going center port over side port on front baffle? Besides center port adding some bracing/structure to the enclosure.

Thanks Q

I could just build it and slide it back a few inches. That was the original plan anyway. I was just curious if it could be done. Thanks again everyone.