Sign in to follow this  
scavin

Mix match new and old??

I currently have 4 Fi BL 15's on my current build 2 of which are from 2012 and 2 of which are from 2008, trying to figure out what the main differences are in the speakers to see if I just need to get all new matching ones

I currently have 4 Fi BL 15's on my current build 2 of which are from 2012 and 2 of which are from 2008, trying to figure out what the main differences are in the speakers to see if I just need to get all new matching ones

I would email Fi about that.

Sales@fiaudio.com

Edited by pmureika

Unsure about the BL but I was told at one point not to mix the older gen Q's with the new ones

Nick told me in the past not to mix the ufo motor with others as they would not play well together.

The manufacturer is going to tell you that you should not mix drivers.

even though theyre the same model driver just different years?

Maybe they will chime in on this, but my best guess is that they will advise against it if they are much different.

ok, well either way I appreciate the feedback guys, might be time for a remodel when I switch vehicles anyways lol

Here is the deal man, you are asking in the manufacturer's forum.  We aren't going to give you advice that would steer away from FI's advice here.

Unsure about the BL but I was told at one point not to mix the older gen Q's with the new ones

I was told this by nick here on the ssa forums. Can't dig it up because I'm at work but they redesigned the Q and I have 2 before the redesign I wanted to get matches for. But again no help for the BL sorry.

Sign in to follow this