Sign in to follow this  
airycsillest916

It's Time For a New Sub

Im looking to upgrade my current set up. Ive narrowed down my choices to ether a DC level 3 15, FI SSD 15 with cooling and flatwind coil (which ive heard are comparable to a level 4), and an Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15. Ive seen a lot of bs saying that the DC subs dont have good quality soft parts and am looking for some people that have ran these subs before that might be able to give me some insight to help my decision. Basically im looking for the best sub on the lows that can take a daily beating.

I have a 3.3 cubic ft box tuned to 34hz in my BMW 330ci and will be pushing around 1100rms daily from my audiopipe 1500d but will be upgrading the amp in the future. I mostly listen to rap music and occationly house.

Are you able have an enclosure designed and built for the new sub you get?

what sub you running now and why aren't you happy with it? 

im running a RE SEX 15 at the moment. I have never been a big fan of RE but i found it for under 100$ still in box from a friend. It dies on the low notes. And about a week ago the cone cracked from a plug falling on it when it was playing so it was pretty much the nail in the coffin for that sub. I've ran countless numbers of subs in the past: 18" FI BTL, 15" Kove Armageddon, 15" SPLw(back when the brand was decent), Audioque Hdc3 18", and an assortment of kicker, JL, Fosgate ect.

i would look for a used icon, fi bl, etc. check the f/s section

Ill take a look. My price range is under 300 and all the subs I mentioned above fall into my price range new. But maybe I can find something better used on here.

Ill take a look. My price range is under 300 and all the subs I mentioned above fall into my price range new. But maybe I can find something better used on here.

Would be nice to find an xcon or zcon :) iv seen them for around 300 used. Just not to easy to come across.

I looked into it and couldnt find anything. And craigslist around my area is flooded with shit subs. A decent sub only pops up once in a blue moon. Still gotta decide which sub would be best though.

I put a Treo SSX on CL about a month ago. I'm still getting emails for it. Good stuff goes quick in our areas IMO.

yeah very true. Sac area has nice stuff at times but it gets snatched up quick. I saw a Fi Q 18 for 180 a few weeks ago it was gone same day.

Crystal cmpx2 15" would be preeeeeeetttty nice werd_msword.gif

Crystal cmpx2 15" would be preeeeeeetttty nice werd_msword.gif

i think that might be the answer

I was thinking about that too. Ive never heard one in person but heard good things.

If the Gcon comes back in stock in time, consider it too. ;)