fong si

How to hit 150+db with 1 Fi BL12?

If you gonna say DD-Z, i'll say Shocker Apocalipse.  The only current contender to the DD-Z successfully.

Pretty much. They're in a league of their own.

Nope.  99.9999999% of the time, smaller = lower efficiency and more compression.  Your score goes up because of other reasons (shift in resonance) not because of smaller size.  The trick is to use the larger volume to increase your enclosure peak by manipulating tuning.  By simply making a box smaller with the same tuning will cause output to be lower overall, all of the time...

One of the biggest miss-conceptions in car audio...

I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, But While I'm making my strolls around major events ... I have noticed vehicles running higher frequencies are going more and more to smaller enclosures with bigger ports ...

Heck, some of them are using nothing but large scale PVC pipe and positioning the enclosures in the vehicles that best performs with vehicle resonance ... and just about every one I see is knocking on 160's door ... especiallly in the CRXs ...

Please understand that I'm primarily a Sound Quality guy with ALOT of friends and competitors in the SPL realm ...

So this is primarily just an observation ...  

Nope.  99.9999999% of the time, smaller = lower efficiency and more compression.  Your score goes up because of other reasons (shift in resonance) not because of smaller size.  The trick is to use the larger volume to increase your enclosure peak by manipulating tuning.  By simply making a box smaller with the same tuning will cause output to be lower overall, all of the time...

I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, But While I'm making my strolls around major events ... I have noticed vehicles running higher frequencies are going more and more to smaller enclosures with bigger ports ...

Heck, some of them are using nothing but large scale PVC pipe and positioning the enclosures in the vehicles that best performs with vehicle resonance ... and just about every one I see is knocking on 160's door ... especiallly in the CRXs ...

Please understand that I'm primarily a Sound Quality guy with ALOT of friends and competitors in the SPL realm ...

So this is primarily just an observation ...  

ya, they're trying to control woofer excursion with a smaller box. 

I burp @ 50. Every time I went up in box size, score went up biggrin.png

I was under the impression that every vehicle application is different ...

What works in your SUV might not be the deciding factor in a sedan ...

I don't remember reading what type of vehicle the OP has for this application ...

Electrical and Power can be a BIG factor here, not just enclosure design alone ...

Most competitors know their perspective clases really well and use maximum Battery and Amplifier power to their advantage ... Like having to "manually turn down" their alternator charging voltage to class limitations when they pull up into the lane as the SPL meter is being installed into their vehicle ...

ya, they're trying to control woofer excursion with a smaller box.

That, and learning more and more on how to use vehicle resonance to their advantage ...

I't just doesn't seem like "Car Audio" any more when it comes to SPL ...

Alot of things being done now was practically un heard for back in the Hay Days of Competition ...

But with crazy experiment test and tuning ... Who knows what they will come up with next to defy the laws of physics ...

Just like Capacitor banks ... Becoming one of the best things going in Major events ...

Edited by Cablguy184

so tell me guys, is the sub I'm planning to use capable of this? any experiences with this sub? or any other recommendations? both on a sub an a pretty box!

Do you already have the BL?