Sign in to follow this  
SundownWham

Recone for a Zcon

I am wondering if I can recone a ssa zcon with sundown zv4 softparts or any other good brands suggestions?

Can you put a Passat Engine in a Ferrari? Why not?

I am wondering if I can recone a ssa zcon with sundown zv4 softparts or any other good brands suggestions?

I would highly suggest not to do so. I guess you "could" send you zcon to PSI, then order zv4 softparts, and send that to them as well. But, even still, the measurements might not line up, and could sound like poop.

Just don't do it. OEM recone from SSA will give you everything the sub is supposed to be. If you knew how to wind coils and build woofers from parts it would be another story.

I would highly suggest not to do so. I guess you "could" send you zcon to PSI, then order zv4 softparts, and send that to them as well. But, even still, the measurements might not line up, and could sound like poop.

Well my voice coil is all messed up right now on the Zcon,so I'm thinking about an upgrade. I have it running on a 3500 no clipping and not ran below 12 volts I don't know why the coils are going out. One of the coils are reading 20.8 and changing constantly but the other coil is 2.4 a sign that it is also going out I just want something that can handle the power

Well my voice coil is all messed up right now on the Zcon,so I'm thinking about an upgrade. I have it running on a 3500 no clipping and not ran below 12 volts I don't know why the coils are going out. One of the coils are reading 20.8 and changing constantly but the other coil is 2.4 a sign that it is also going out I just want something that can handle the power

Lol. Installation issue man, not sub. I played my zcon full tilt on my bc5500 for 8 months.

A Zv4 recone would be a downgrade. Motors and coils are often designed around each other. The ZCON already has a 8 layer coil.

I have a feeling you're still clipping it.

Lol. Installation issue man, not sub. I played my zcon full tilt on my bc5500 for 8 months.

I have had this sub in my car for 1 year 2 months defiantly not a installation issue.

I have had this sub in my car for 1 year 2 months defiantly not a installation issue.

It could very well be caused by improper settings or clipping. 

its blown rip out the soft parts and show us pictures.

I might I'm gunna beat on that sub until it gives out on me. It's still doing low 140s

I might I'm gunna beat on that sub until it gives out on me. It's still doing low 140s

I'm seriously hoping you're a troll right now if you claim one of your coils reads 20+ ohms and you're still going to "beat on it"

Edited by Tenacious

I'm seriously hoping you're a troll right now if you claim one of your coils reads 20+ ohms and you're still going to "beat on it"

Umm I still have one good coil?...

Umm I still have one good coil?...

A Ducati runs well on one cylinder too.

I HIGHLY suggest sticking with the coil/spiders/cone/surround that was designed for the Zcon.  I promise, getting "custom" bits from someone throwing parts that fit, with zero testing and no specs, is not an upgrade.

I HIGHLY suggest sticking with the coil/spiders/cone/surround that was designed for the Zcon. I promise, getting "custom" bits from someone throwing parts that fit, with zero testing and no specs, is not an upgrade.

Ahhh I just don't want to wait so long it took my Zcon a month and a half to get to my house how long would a recone take to ship?

I HIGHLY suggest sticking with the coil/spiders/cone/surround that was designed for the Zcon. I promise, getting "custom" bits from someone throwing parts that fit, with zero testing and no specs, is not an upgrade.

Ahhh I just don't want to wait so long to get a replacement, it took my Zcon a month and a half to get to my house how long would a recone take to ship?

Ahhh I just don't want to wait so long it took my Zcon a month and a half to get to my house how long would a recone take to ship?

You do know they build them, right?

Ahhh I just don't want to wait so long to get a replacement, it took my Zcon a month and a half to get to my house how long would a recone take to ship?

Recone's take about the same time.

If you have a blown coil, that is absolutely user error. Figure out what you did wrong or it doesn't matter what you put in next, the result will be the same.

And don't recone it with anything but an OEM recone kit from SSA. Using anything else will result in a cobbled together POS sub with zero engineering behind the design. That's not an upgrade no matter what soft parts you drop in it.

If you didn't want to wait for a recone, you shouldn't have blown the coil.

Can you put a Passat Engine in a Ferrari? Why not?

hugd.jpg

huht.jpg