mikey5472

Couple of sp4 questions...

I just thinks that's weird to keep having the same issue. I have 3 SP4 15's on a Crossfire XS-8K and beat the piss out of them even though they are new and the dust caps barely get warm. Mind you I have a 3sixty.3 processor and all gains are set via a DD1. I am running hella power to them and they handle it.

I just thinks that's weird to keep having the same issue. I have 3 SP4 15's on a Crossfire XS-8K and beat the piss out of them even though they are new and the dust caps barely get warm. Mind you I have a 3sixty.3 processor and all gains are set via a DD1. I am running hella power to them and they handle it.

It took a full year for mine to fully give up on twice rms. That being said, my piss is bigger than yours? 

lol. It just happens to different people at different times man. 

It took a full year for mine to fully give up on twice rms. That being said, my piss is bigger than yours? 

lol didn't mean to sound like an ass, but I know exactly what you mean.

Lee swift ran his 3 sp4 on 12k, and never had an issue. Then, another iak member in indy beat the living piss out of his 4 18s on 4 m3a's for hours, and no issue. So, idk what to say haha, just shit happens i guess

Some people know how to set the gain correctly and some obviously do not

Lee swift ran his 3 sp4 on 12k, and never had an issue. Then, another iak member in indy beat the living piss out of his 4 18s on 4 m3a's for hours, and no issue. So, idk what to say haha, just shit happens i guess

No I know you didn't mean anything...Yeah I see people all over when I go to shows beating the crap out of them but I guess all great companies can have fails from time to time. I just hate it when people say all items made by that company is crap....I am on my 3 set of subs from FI...I had BL 12's and Q 12's before.....Keep moving up to the big boy stuff....lol

No I know you didn't mean anything...Yeah I see people all over when I go to shows beating the crap out of them but I guess all great companies can have fails from time to time. I just hate it when people say all items made by that company is crap....I am on my 3 set of subs from FI...I had BL 12's and Q 12's before.....Keep moving up to the big boy stuff....lol

Same here

I've used icon, zcon, and evil

only the evil failed, which had the leads that are under suspect

Same here

I've used icon, zcon, and evil

only the evil failed, which had the leads that are under suspect

and it didn't fail, it was just under my abuse ;)

regardless of what kinds of user errors the subs encounter the SP4 is the only sub i have ever seen or heard of that CATCHES FIRE. the simple fact they had to redesign the leads to prevent this shows it was an engineering oversight. I loved my Fi BL and truly abused that as i did not know any better. bass boost was way the hell up, gains were set high, it was on a 1500W amp that could easily push more and yet i never had an issue with it. I have seen many kickers blow up but never seen one catch fire, customers routinely buy rockford P1, P2, and P3's from my store and bring them back blown (its at least a weekly occurrence) and never seen one of them catch fire. When i was at Circuit City we would plug the subs we needed to warranty out into a wall outlet (MTX, Kicker, Pioneer) and never did one of them catch fire.

the sub i have has the bolt that threads down into push terminals on the side of the basket, from what you describe this is the old style?

edit: i just found a picture of the new style leads on Fi's face book. i have the old style for sure.

The Sp4 is not the only woofer that catches fire.. Just because you haven't seen or heard doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

i have a question.....

now if i buy a SP4........ will it keep me warm in the winter?

haha hell naw, that made me laugh this morning.

To answer your question bigjon for some of these guys yes it will.

i have a question.....

winter is over!

i have a question.....

winter is over!

As it is snowing right now up herre

i have a question.....

winter is over!

As it is snowing right now up herre

hehe

move south!

Like far south......lol

Florida doesn't have winters, we have cool summers. :)