Anyone ever run any PSI subs? If so what did you think? I've heard many many subs but never a PSI. 

IIRC they have a reputation of slapping together woofers with random and often inferior parts. I'd stick to companies that actually know a thing or two about speaker design or employ individuals who do. 

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about them. A lot of bad stuff about the soft parts. But I've also heard they slam.

anything decent can slam. if it isn't than someone fucked up installing it. 

first question you should ask is what is wrong with your current setup. 

I don't thing they have an actual "product line" ... but just build custom or repair drivers to customer specs ...

EDIT: PSI's primary forum section can be found here ... http://www.down4sound.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?30-PSi-Car-Audio

Edited by Cablguy184

Seems like a glorified garage job.

not necessarily ... I seen them guys do ALOT of damn good "on demand" work building / repairing drivers for competitors at MANY major car audio events ... Edited by Cablguy184

Sub got fucked up. Been wanting to upgrade for a while now.

so what are you looking for in an upgrade. describe what is was and how it performed and someone could help you out. 

just went to psi's website. oh god 

they have options you can add to their woofers. one was called "high performance option" for $25. I'm staying very fucking far away

Edited by lithium

Sub got fucked up. Been wanting to upgrade for a while now.

so what are you looking for in an upgrade. describe what is was and how it performed and someone could help you out. 

Im looking for a good SPL sub under 300$ that likes the lows. Going to be in my BMW 330CI in a 3.3 cube box tuned to 34hz running at around 1200rms.

they have options you can add to their woofers. one was called "high performance option" for $25. I'm staying very pucking far away

At least Fi and DC have specific upgrades. Not sure what "high performance" means.

they have options you can add to their woofers. one was called "high performance option" for $25. I'm staying very fucking far away

LOL ... Man I don't know much about them actually. I just go by what most SPL folks tell me at events.

From what I saw, Those "on demand" built drivers held up really good just for being built the night before ... but for stability and musical performance ... Sorry guys, I haven't been around them enough to know ...

It seems like what most people read /post on forums and what people actually say /do at events is two totally different things ...

Edited by Cablguy184

they have options you can add to their woofers. one was called "high performance option" for $25. I'm staying very pucking far away

LOL ... Man I don't know much about them actually. I just go by what most SPL folks tell me at events.

It seems like what most people read /post on forums and what people actually say /do at events is two totally different things ...

I honestly know nothing about them. I see a lot of people doing PSI recones on various subs but i dont understand why they would use the soft parts if they are shit. So much conflicting reports on them. Not really planning on going down the PSI path but i like to keep my options open.

At least Fi and DC have specific upgrades. Not sure what "high performance" means.

Right from their site:

"High Performance" option. Here’s what all upgrades you’ll get for the Platform 2 Series 15":

Extended length aluminum flatwound voice coil

Dual stiff spider suspension

Dual stitched heavy gauge leadwires

I honestly don't understand all the hate PSI gets around here, especially from people who have not used the product. I don't have a ton experience with PSI but from what I have used, they are comparable to many of the other brands that receive blind praise.

Right from their site:

"High Performance" option. Here’s what all upgrades you’ll get for the Platform 2 Series 15":

I honestly don't understand all the hate PSI gets around here, especially from people who have not used the product. I don't have a ton experience with PSI but from what I have used, they are comparable to many of the other brands that receive blind praise.

Thanks for the info. It's not just on this site that ive seen PSI bashing, lots of different places ive looked have said bad shit about them. I partially agree with you on the blind praise that the other brands get. If I look on SMD for info about subs DC almost always wins. But ive heard DC Fi  Aq ect but not PSI.

Just so we know ... I'm running nothing larger than a 10. And the company that sponsors me does not make anything larger than a 10.

So I will give my suggestion on this if you do not mind ...

On the larger subs playing music ...

The one that struck my interest the most is the SSA Evil 18 in Senchezzy's truck ... When toned down and blended with the music ... Sounded great !!!

So I would say (and not just because we are on the SSA Site) look into the Zcon products ... if you are interested in a single driver ...

On another note ... You could look into the DSS (I believe it's Direct Sound Solutions) products on this site ... I've never had a chance to demo his products, but just from reading the post from the owner, I have the sure fire feeling that these drivers are up to par with the Big Dogs ...

Just my suggestion here brother ... giving you some options.

Edited by Cablguy184

Just so we know ... I'm running nothing larger than a 10. And the company that sponsors me does not make anything larger than a 10.

The one that struck my interest the most is the SSA Evil 18 in Senchezzy's truck ... When toned down and blended with the music ... Sounded great !!!

So I would say (and not just because we are on the SSA Site) look into the Zcon products ... if you are interested in a single driver ...

On another note ... You could look into the DSS (I believe it's Direct Sound Solutions) products on this site ... I've never had a chance to demo his products, but just from reading the post from the owner, I have the sure fire feeling that these drivers are up to par with the Big Dogs ...

All of those subs would make my day. But it wouldnt fit my budget. Im looking for under 300$. The only SSA product i could afford would be the Gcon and I'd need a little more than that. So for now buying new im looking at DC lvl 3, Fi SSD, PSI platform 1 + upgrades, IA Lethal Injection. Thanks for the options though bro.

All of those subs would make my day. But it wouldnt fit my budget. Im looking for under 300$. The only SSA product i could afford would be the Gcon and I'd need a little more than that. So for now buying new im looking at DC lvl 3, Fi SSD, PSI platform 1 + upgrades, IA Lethal Injection. Thanks for the options though bro.

those are all good subs, really depends on your goals. I have a Platform 1 15" and a GCON 15", they are very similar. I'm curious why you think you would not be happy with a GCON but may be with a Platform 1 ?

and I agree with Cablguy..... DSS has definitely peaked my interest

Edited by gss

I also don't understand all the PSI bashing.  Especially since it is from people who have never actually used the equipment.

If you bought one of the drivers during RE's glory days, it was likely you have a driver made by David Moore.  I think he knows what he is doing. 

Yea the owner lives about 45 minutes from my dad's Shop where I work on my 49 Ford. As soon as my Ford's system is up to Par, I plan to meet up with him for demos ...

I also don't understand all the PSI bashing.

I will give you 3 guess on who the main culprit is on this forum ... And the first 2 doesn't count.  

Yea the owner lives about 45 minutes from my dad's Shop where I work on my 49 Ford. As soon as my Ford's system is up to Par, I plan to meet up with him for demos ...

I also don't understand all the PSI bashing.

I will give you 3 guess on who the main culprit is on this forum ... And the first 2 doesn't count.

For someone who doesn't like drama you sure like to stir the pot. Who cares?

The way David Moore left is the problem. What about the thousands of dollars in stolen parts from RE before Scott sold, then the sudden start up of DC with identical RE parts?

I'm sure he knows how to build stuff but I have seen bad results from PSI recones especially sagging suspensions after a week.

Right from their site:

Thanks for the info. It's not just on this site that ive seen PSI bashing, lots of different places ive looked have said bad shit about them. I partially agree with you on the blind praise that the other brands get. If I look on SMD for info about subs DC almost always wins. But ive heard DC Fi  Aq ect but not PSI.

DC?  I got you bro! ;)

Meh.  

I do understand the burnt ties though.  I was screwed over pretty bad in 2007 with an Adire Audio deal that went south due to Dan Wiggins not being straight forward with me.  It took me a few years not to be pissed off whenever I thought about it.  It was simply caused by poor business practice.

I won't defend any wrong doing, but as far as current product, I don't see the problem with PSI.