I personally love my psi subs. They are extremely musical and sound soo good. They are taking everybody of 4500rms a piece for3-5 songs with soft clipping. Never had a problem. If you don't have personal experience with the product, don't say a word about how they perform.

I personally love my psi subs. They are extremely musical and sound soo good. They are taking everybody of 4500rms a piece for3-5 songs with soft clipping. Never had a problem. If you don't have personal experience with the product, don't say a word about how they perform.

no one is really commenting on the performance. just that they had problems in the past with shitty parts and the website, imo, is trashy. 

FYI. DSS has a layaway option. Min $50 per month over the course of 4 months iirc. Just picked up 2 12" ethos. Q is very knowledgable and extremely helpful. Just sayin...

I have spoke with him over the phone several times when I was looking for a competent supplier between my dealings with Wiggens and being pushed towards Pat Turnmire by Uta Klippel. Three parts suppliers that I deal with recommended his advise and services, so I wouldn't say he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

As far as his spiders there are only a few suppliers and I'm sure he uses the same stuff as most others use. Maybe there was a bad batch of resien on an order or something but it's HIGHLY unlikely The majority of his product has this issue or he wouldn't be in business as long as he has.

I have spoke with him over the phone several times when I was looking for a competent supplier between my dealings with Wiggens and being pushed towards Pat Turnmire by Uta Klippel. Three parts suppliers that I deal with recommended his advise and services, so I wouldn't say he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

As far as his spiders there are only a few suppliers and I'm sure he uses the same stuff as most others use. Maybe there was a bad batch of resien on an order or something but it's HIGHLY unlikely The majority of his product has this issue or he wouldn't be in business as long as he has.

Hey guys ... I'm being told that there is a USACI event happening in McComb, Ms on May 24th ...

I'm almost positive that it will be a SPL only competition. However, since it is so close to my dad's shop ...

I would like to come out, bring the ole 49, and meet up with you guys if you are planning to attend this event ...

Please let me know if you guys (or anyone else reading this) are making plans to attend this event !!!

We've had 3 psi recones go mysteriously soft to the point where you could bottom them out with your hand. One coil go mysteriously bad. So I tend to say no to psi.

Loudest two 12 setup I ever heard was a pair of custom PSI subs at a Meca event. Damn thing was doing 154's at the headrest. Blew my mind that two12's could be that loud. Other than that I dont know anything about them. I do know for a fact that you would be very happy with SSA, DSS, FI, or Sundown

IIRC they have a reputation of slapping together woofers with random and often inferior parts. I'd stick to companies that actually know a thing or two about speaker design or employ individuals who do. 

SMH Ignorance is bliss.

IIRC they have a reputation of slapping together woofers with random and often inferior parts. I'd stick to companies that actually know a thing or two about speaker design or employ individuals who do. 

SMH Ignorance is bliss.

tell me where all that frankenwoofer shit started with a few years back that still has traction today

Hey guys ... I'm being told that there is a USACI event happening in McComb, Ms on May 24th ...

I'm almost positive that it will be a SPL only competition. However, since it is so close to my dad's shop ...

I would like to come out, bring the ole 49, and meet up with you guys if you are planning to attend this event ...

Please let me know if you guys (or anyone else reading this) are making plans to attend this event !!!

Ill be there good sir. Ill be looking for you!

just a damaged dust cap? could just replace it. 

Im selling the sub to a buddy. The sub wasnt what i wanted in the first place. Impulse buy because i got it for cheap.

Anyone ever run any PSI subs?

hugd.jpg

huht.jpg

David hand built me a set of subs a while back.  No issues.

Ill be there good sir. Ill be looking for you!

Cool ... We should (hopefully) be starting on my enclosures soon ... Edited by Cablguy184

I've had a psi recone for a 15 Fi BTL and it slammed. Never had an issue with it till this day that my buddy Carlos had it. That was 2 years ago .

I modeled an enclosure for a PSI PF3 and it sounded really good. Problem is there is no cooling to these motors, but that is the same with a lot of ferrite on the market.

post-29720-0-07398500-1393677829_thumb.j

Lol I couldn't help it,I heard some PSI subs Sunday IMO I can't say anything bad about them

Until the last couple of weekends, I've only seen PSI built subs mainly in SPL competition.

Well, except for the couple of times that I got my brains mashed in by Dangrebel's 4 18s setup ...

And like I said, positive results every time. Say what you want about the company or the owner(s), but they build some very nice drivers for the SPL competition world.

The other day I built an enclosure for a PSI built IA Flatline ported and tuned to 36 htz powered by a Linear Power 2202 amplifier for a friend of mine. This guy likes to be loud on music with no care for a meter reading.

Large enclosure for a Mini Van on about 550 watts of Class A/B power.

amps1.jpg

I must say that after listening to all kinds of music from the Eagles / Sheffield Labs to Skrillix / Slowed and Screwed (his music, Not mine), My thoughts on a "musical" PSI built IA 15" Flatline driver ... Not bad at all guys !!!

Really impressive !!! He's in the process of buying a better headunit with EQ and Time Alignment so as soon as I can get a few pics and vids up, I will because when I first saw this driver, I automatically thought about this thread.

We are hoping to get this vehicle out to a few events this year and get some demos going. So if you are anywhere near the Ms / Tn / La area ... Please swing by a few events and check out this ride !!!

Thanks SSA

Randal

Edited by Cablguy184

What's the next even you'll be at Randal?

What's the next even you'll be at Randal?

I do not plan to make any events until after SBN Daytona. I'm not so sure about Matt (Guy with the PSI built IA Flatline sub).

We haven't started anything audio wise in the 49 Ford yet. Working to get it into the body shop at the moment.

I'm still having mixed emotions about what I want to do about my dash. I want my component set installed into the dash, but not sure if I actually want to cut up my dash until I find another one just incase I mess something up or not like the outcome. On top of that, I haven't figured if we are actually building ported and tuned enclosures for the component set (behind the dash) or vent them through the origional air vents that will not be used in the firewall once the air conditioner is installed. The thought of utilizing those air vents in some way would be really cool if it can be done. Kinda driving me nutz actually.

Guess we will come up with something when we get to that part of the install.

If I go to any events, it will be to support my team mates and friends ...

Most of the events I'm looking forward to is the MECA events in Tennessee and Mississippi.

Maybe a couple of USACI evnets in Mississippi, but not to compete.

I will go out further once the 49 Ford is in motion.

Can't wait to see the updates to your ride !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

Until the last couple of weekends, I've only seen PSI built subs mainly in SPL competition.

Well, except for the couple of times that I got my brains mashed in by Dangrebel's 4 18s setup ...

And like I said, positive results every time. Say what you want about the company or the owner(s), but they build some very nice drivers for the SPL competition world.

The other day I built an enclosure for a PSI built IA Flatline ported and tuned to 36 htz powered by a Linear Power 2202 amplifier for a friend of mine. This guy likes to be loud on music with no care for a meter reading.

Large enclosure for a Mini Van on about 550 watts of Class A/B power.

amps1.jpg

I must say that after listening to all kinds of music from the Eagles / Sheffield Labs to Skrillix / Slowed and Screwed (his music, Not mine), My thoughts on a "musical" PSI built IA 15" Flatline driver ... Not bad at all guys !!!

Really impressive !!! He's in the process of buying a better headunit with EQ and Time Alignment so as soon as I can get a few pics and vids up, I will because when I first saw this driver, I automatically thought about this thread.

We are hoping to get this vehicle out to a few events this year and get some demos going. So if you are anywhere near the Ms / Tn / La area ... Please swing by a few events and check out this ride !!!

Thanks SSA

Randal

That seems bad ass man. I got a chance to hear 2 15" BL's with PSI soft parts and they sounded awesome. If/When my sub needs a recone im most likely going to go with PSI.

That's ridiculous. Why would you not get new soft parts from the company who actually made the woofer?