wasn't criticizing your install at all. I was criticizing the idea that sourcing inferior replacement parts is preferable over getting the actual parts designed for the subwoofer. i dont have a hard on for shitting on psi but i do think there's value in having loyalty to companies you deal with. 

I understand you take good care your gear. i would too if I paid that much. But, accidents happen sometimes, screwdriver through the surround or something like that. i guarantee you'll get a recone from blues, not psi, not fi, not anywhere else. Because, it's blues' design and its blues' parts.

Paying for something that last for 25 years or better and that product works just as good today as the day you bought it would seem well worth the money to me. Wouldn't you agree ??

I'm sure that I've got my money's worth 10 fold out of the Drivers that I own. So If they ever go bad, I think I will drive over to the Manufacturer to purchase some new ones and not worry about recones.

hey randal, let us know when you recone the blues drivers with psi softparts instead of going to the manufacture. By your arguments, the results would be the same, right?

I know what you can do Sir, Spring Break Nationals in Daytona Beach is this weekend.

Why don't you go down there and talk to PSI personally ??

I'm sure that they will be down there doing what no other manufacturer does, and that's building drivers on location for competition. They will be building drivers Friday and Saturday nights for next day competition runs.

Been doing this for the last few events there that I know of. Maybe you can get your answers there ???

It's 2014, if i had a question for PSI i'd send an email. 

wasn't criticizing your install at all. I was criticizing the idea that sourcing inferior replacement parts is preferable over getting the actual parts designed for the subwoofer. i dont have a hard on for shitting on psi but i do think there's value in having loyalty to companies you deal with. 

I understand you take good care your gear. i would too if I paid that much. But, accidents happen sometimes, screwdriver through the surround or something like that. i guarantee you'll get a recone from blues, not psi, not fi, not anywhere else. Because, it's blues' design and its blues' parts.

Paying for something that last for 25 years or better and that product works just as good today as the day you bought it would seem well worth the money to me. Wouldn't you agree ??

I'm sure that I've got my money's worth 10 fold out of the Drivers that I own. So If they ever go bad, I think I will drive over to the Manufacturer to purchase some new ones and not worry about recones.

sure, plenty of speakers have been around that long. take a set of dry rotten speakers, replace the surround, and they're back to performing as good as the day they were new. 

this is my driver and i must say i LOVE the way it perfoms. im getting an origional flatlyne in the mail tomorrow so i will compare and contrast. if i dont like the way the psi perfoms i will get it redone at IA and vice versa

i also just remeber why i have been a member on this forum for 4 years and never post lol. the bottom line is, none of you guys have heard my driver so therefore i guess none of you can speak on how "inferior" it is now can you?