Sign in to follow this  
ELDeFontes

12" ICON Ported Questions. 2^ft @ 30hz

Hey all. I've been riding with the ICON sealed for some time and want to put it in a ported box. Really not sure how to make sure the design is correct or even how to work WinISD but below is what I've gathered.

I was posting on diymobile and got some help and was suggested a ported box, 2.0ft^3 @ 30hz will give the flattest response. Below is a copy paste from the sticky of "making a correct box design thread"

Vehicle : 08 Acura TL
Location in the vehicle: Trunk
Space available (Length x Width x Height): 23x19x14 (Can be wider and deeper than height)
Subwoofer make and model: SSA ICON 
Subwoofer Size: 12"
Number of Subwoofers: 1
Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Suggest Please - I'm interested in any
What type of music do you like?: All, Jam, Electro, Live recordings, its a subwoofer...BASS
Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday music
Tuning Freq (Hz): Your suggestion
Volume : I like it pretty loud
Questions: 

Did you check out our free 3D models for down load?

I read your past responses to other topics and it was to my understanding that the 3d model for DL was tuned to 31hz? 

I read your past responses to other topics and it was to my understanding that the 3d model for DL was tuned to 31hz? 

Yes, 31hz.  You're not too far from me IIRC?

I don't remember where you are located exactly in MD, but MD is not large and I like to drive so yes I am not far from you haha.

I don't remember where you are located exactly in MD, but MD is not large and I like to drive so yes I am not far from you haha.

I'm in Baltimore.

I'm located in Columbia. I'm interested in meeting, checking out your RX-8, if it's finished. When we first spoke I believe you were just getting into it. If you'd like to flip this from the thread to PM's so we're not spamming the thread section I'd be happy to exchange information. Your expert support would be unbelievably helpful as I've kinda had a hard time getting where I am, over the last year haha. (Bad installers and bad advice got my nowhere)

Edited by ELDeFontes

I'm located in Columbia. I'm interested in meeting, checking out your RX-8, if it's finished. When we first spoke I believe you were just getting into it. If you'd like to flip this from the thread to PM's so we're not spamming the thread section I'd be happy to exchange information. Your expert support would be unbelievably helpful as I've kinda had a hard time getting where I am, over the last year haha. (Bad installers and bad advice got my nowhere)

The RX8 has not been dug out of the snow just yet.  If you want to shoot me a PM, go for it.