Sign in to follow this  
jj1479

C2 Audio Threatcon-4 Subs

Just checking to see if anyone had any experance with C2 audio's line of subs? I just Purchased a pair of there Threatcon-4 dual 2ohm subs for what I think was cheap ($199 each shipped) and they seem to be well built. But there is limited videos and user info on them. They say they handle 1500 rms and have a 4" coil. They are a brick and morter store in ohio so Hopefully they will hold there own and someone can chim in that has used them. Tried to post t/s parameters but the picture with the white backround doesn't come out readable.

post-1212-0-65499500-1393359480_thumb.jp

post-1212-0-05397100-1393359506_thumb.jp

post-1212-0-72572300-1393359780_thumb.jp

No, but I too would like to hear about them. I've seen their amps too and am impressed a bit with the documented specs.

I don't want to come across disrespectful, and will say up front I know absolutely nothing about C2 Audio.

It's just my opinion but they look like a Sundown clone to me or basically another company that ordered a load of subs from a Chinese build house.  On top of that a 4" coil with a 1500wrms rating seems like a waste.  I personally wouldn't buy them but again this is just my opinion.

So yeah, they look cool but I've seen several just like them.

Looks cool man.

Any chance you can just post what the T/S are, or link to a picture of them ?

I don't want to come across disrespectful, and will say up front I know absolutely nothing about C2 Audio.

It's just my opinion but they look like a Sundown clone to me or basically another company that ordered a load of subs from a Chinese build house.  On top of that a 4" coil with a 1500wrms rating seems like a waste.  I personally wouldn't buy them but again this is just my opinion.

So yeah, they look cool but I've seen several just like them

If I remember correctly Its bin awhile but FI used a 4" coil in there bl series for awhile and pretty sure it wasn't rated over 1500 watts. They didn't seem like it was a waste to use it.

It was testing for the SP4 I believe.

Let me know if you decide to sell one or both. I have one and need at least one more.

I have not used the 4's, but have seen the 2's on a display table twice in person.  I would be very hesitant to send much power at all to them.  They felt very cheaply built, the fit and finish was low and every aspect felt low quality and flimsy.  That is in no way to push our subs, just first hand experience twice and I was surprisingly under whelmed.  To the point of dragging my girl friend over to check them out and see if it wasn't just me being picky.

I have not used the 4's, but have seen the 2's on a display table twice in person.  I would be very hesitant to send much power at all to them.  They felt very cheaply built, the fit and finish was low and every aspect felt low quality and flimsy.  That is in no way to push our subs, just first hand experience twice and I was surprisingly under whelmed.  To the point of dragging my girl friend over to check them out and see if it wasn't just me being picky.

The 2's had problems in the past with the glue separating causing the plates and slugs to become misaligned. They have since fixed the problem but I still won't buy the 2's due to not being bolted together. The 4's in comparison are over built. I couldn't be happier with the one I have, just wish I could find a second one.