Mark LaFountain

Soundrive Cables Now in the Store!

Nice.

Awesome!!

Looks cool from sen video. But no colors yet?

Once these get rolling, we will stock more color options.  I am considering a full set of blue for my own car.

IMG_20140223_031655_zps8g8lmnh7.jpg

Once these get rolling, we will stock more color options. I am considering a full set of blue for my own car.

Meh, I'd save you money.

Once these get rolling, we will stock more color options. I am considering a full set of blue for my own car.

Meh, I'd save you money.

Finding properly shielded interconnects in our price range isn't very easy. 

With that said, our products are made with American labor while avoiding chinese parts as best we can and we offer a 5 year no questions asked warranty. SounDrive wasn't made to make money - it was made to offer a product that people can enjoy at a reasonable price while making just enough profit to justify our time. 

Meh, I'd save you money.

To me, it is about knowing the product we sell on a personal level (comparing it directly to the top end Knu's I have and some Stingers), and in this case, it's just 3 pair that would technically be property of SSA Inc. ;)

Meh, I'd save you money.

With that said, our products are made with American labor while avoiding chinese parts as best we can and we offer a 5 year no questions asked warranty. SounDrive wasn't made to make money - it was made to offer a product that people can enjoy at a reasonable price while making just enough profit to justify our time.

I've been in this hobby for a few years and never ran into a noise issue in one of my vehicles attributable to the RCA cables shielding. That includes the times I've wired my entire vehicle for less than the cost of one 17' SounDrive cable, which I've been doing for the past decade....and I use a few cables in my installs. Nor have I ever needed to warranty a cable. "Reasonable" price is rather subjective.....

WestCo on DIYMA has some cockamamie ideas....

Meh, I'd save you money.

I've been in this hobby for a few years and never ran into a noise issue in one of my vehicles attributable to the RCA cables shielding. That includes the times I've wired my entire vehicle for less than the cost of one 17' SounDrive cable, which I've been doing for the past decade....and I use a few cables in my installs. Nor have I ever needed to warranty a cable. "Reasonable" price is rather subjective.....

WestCo on DIYMA has some cockamamie ideas....

Two local guys have eliminated a lot of noise that was present in their vehicles before the RCA swap, but thank you for your account of your personal experiences.

I think the takeaway is that there isn't a blanket solution for everyone's noise problems. Can it help relieve issues some are having? Apparently as I've been seeing first-hand accounts of a cable swap being the fix.

But the clincher for me is what's going on behind the casing on those connectors. Seeing what some people (not naming for impartiality's sake) consider a "quality" solder job and what will result in the long-term effects of the crap jobs some of these Premium/Deluxe/Audiophile sets is what irks me. At least West is taking a little extra time and attention to the little things with these cables and not charging an arm and asshole for them.

Edited by neo_styles

TechFlex for joining cable sets, will be available.

Could anything under 5' be requested?

As in a custom length not listed on the SSA Store?

Yes, I am starting a build and I have an LC7i processor since I would like to keep the factory navigation unit. The processor is going to be located pretty close to the amps and 5' would be a lot of extra wire to try and hide and clean up. If not possible it is OK, I was look at these rca's a while back and liked them, it was going to be either these or Knu rca's.

Yes, I am starting a build and I have an LC7i processor since I would like to keep the factory navigation unit. The processor is going to be located pretty close to the amps and 5' would be a lot of extra wire to try and hide and clean up. If not possible it is OK, I was look at these rca's a while back and liked them, it was going to be either these or Knu rca's.

Ever think about making your own??? Or employing Eric to make em for you??

I was thinking of buying these and cutting them shorter. I don't really know who Eric

Since the Knukoncepts kables were mentioned I'd like to say that although their krystal kables look very nice and seem of good quality the connections themselves are very inconsistent.

Every single one seemed to fit on differently, some were unusably loose out of the box and some were very tight. I had to crimp most of them into fitting decently.

I bought them more for looks than thinking I would hear a difference. Time will tell if they were a good purchase.

I was thinking of buying these and cutting them shorter. I don't really know who Eric

That'd be me. I'd help anyone who requested it. Let's try to keep this thread on topic and you can PM me if you'd like.

Although keep in mind that custom cables are more of a cosmetic benefit than performance when compared to a quality set of off the shelf cables which are much cheaper.

Edited by edouble101