MoSes

taramps/soundigital/stetsom for mids/highs

it seems these companys offer exactly what im looking for power wise. im using 14 prv mids 8ohms, my vehicle is at 15.4v and hoping these amps wouldnt go into protect cause too high of voltage.

has anyone used these for mids/highs?

I've seen stetsom amps turn off plenty of times from too much voltage. I wouldn't want to deal with that. They all had under 16 volts

I have yet to see or read about a Brazilian amplifier that is not freaked out by voltage that is not in their tight window.

I have yet to see or read about a Brazilian amplifier that is not freaked out by voltage that is not in their tight window.

lol kinds of silly isnt it. they can make 340v high voltage series amps but cant make the 12v versions work at 10-15.9v

lol kinds of silly isnt it. they can make 340v high voltage series amps but cant make the 12v versions work at 10-15.9v

Different Technology bro lol. You can't compare the two. Nor can you compare them to Korean or any other traditional amps. 

Taramps are supposedly rated for 16v. Might be worth a look??

Isn't ever a can't in car audio like that, just a don't.

Any specific model amplifiers so we can read up on specs ???

Links to specific amplifiers will help ...

Any specific model amplifiers so we can read up on specs ???

Links to specific amplifiers will help ...

was planning on buying 2 amps. 600w+ rms X 2 @ 2 ohms or 1200w rms X 1 @ 1 ohm. full range ofcourse. i had these amps in mind. but i know the stetsom will be fail at 15.4v lol

http://www.djstagegear.com/taramps-ts-1300x2-2-ohm-2-channel-amp/

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/stetsom-venom-1000-1-mono-block-1210w-amplifier.html

Why dont you just dial it back to 14.5-14.8, seems like the logical thing to do.

Why dont you just dial it back to 14.5-14.8, seems like the logical thing to do.

internal regulated singer alternator, its winter time and cold here in New York so the voltage is higher then normal.

Many of Stetsom's amps were and some still are only up to 15v capable.

Taramp's was somewhat like that too in the past.. 

Currently- Only their LARGE amp line, the T Line(11k-20k) only handles up to 15v.

Their multichannel lines and new SMD amp line, the HD line, are all capable up to 16v.

Smd amp line? Oh boy

I truely hope that means surface mount design.  If not, they need to reasses their plans.

I run the hd8k's at 15-15.2 daily and drop to 10.8 sometimes. Never had a hiccup or protect

SMD= Surface Mount Design.  Due to some products we distribute under SPL-Lab USA and the engineering behind them, the company, SMD, will never be a part of us.

well i spent $799 for 2 ts1300x2. really hoping they are worth the money, just noticed they dont have anything EQ wise, so looks like ill also pick up a taramps CRX 4 crossover when they are avaiible.

however i just recieved all the prv audio mids and am dissapointed. 3 out of 8 6.5's are making a rattling noise. and all 6 neodymium 8's are rattling  at a decent volume. good thing partsexpress is good with retunes cause all those are getting returned monday.

have any of you tried rockford fosgate punch pro speakers? they were my next choice,  speaker depth on front doors. can have max of 3" mounting depth for the 8's. wish sundown mids werent so much damn money. crescendo needs to come out with neodymium mids.

Edited by MoSes

It is a sign telling you to not use so many 6.5's

well i spent $799 for 2 ts1300x2. really hoping they are worth the money, just noticed they dont have anything EQ wise, so looks like ill also pick up a taramps CRX 4 crossover when they are avaiible.

however i just recieved all the prv audio mids and am dissapointed. 3 out of 8 6.5's are making a rattling noise. and all 6 neodymium 8's are rattling  at a decent volume. good thing partsexpress is good with retunes cause all those are getting returned monday.

have any of you tried rockford fosgate punch pro speakers? they were my next choice,  speaker depth on front doors. can have max of 3" mounting depth for the 8's. wish sundown mids werent so much damn money. crescendo needs to come out with neodymium mids.

I don't know what your goal is, but regardless of what it is you are not going to achieve it with that system layout.

the rear doors i already have fiberglassed, so kinda stuck with 4 6.5's per door.

IMG_6047_zps5d58433b.jpg

I don't know what your goal is, but regardless of what it is you are not going to achieve it with that system layout.

just going for some loud mids n highs at the moment...i have 2 sundown x 12's on a crescendo 5500d.whats your opinions on a better layout?  heres a vid of my current setup.

the rear doors i already have fiberglassed, so kinda stuck with 4 6.5's per door.

IMG_6047_zps5d58433b.jpg

Sell them to someone who is confused about how to make a car stereo work.

IMG_6047_zps5d58433b.jpg

Sell them to someone who is confused about how to make a car stereo work.

lol are you saying im confused because i put that many speakers on 1 door? i have 2 6.5's  and 1 super tweeter on each front door right now. and my bass totaly overpowers my mids. so im fixing that issue.