Lee Carter

Lee's Avalanche Build

My subs still arent here...so not in a huge hurry...

Really?? When did you finish off paying?

I thought they would have been here by now.

Just heard back from Quentin.  He said they should ship this week.  He is also conpensating me for the wait...what an awesome thing to do.  Top notch in my book.  Apparently they a a mix up with the supplied coils being labeled wrong for the ohm load...so that was the hold up.  but they are back on track.  Praying for good weather next hitch off...head to work tonight.

Same thing happened to me. I should have mine tomorrow. (Crossing fingers)

Awesome to hear about the good customer service. Hope you guys get you're subs soon!

Not audio related...but got my wheels in!  24" Black Rhino Traverse.  Leaving the truck at the Shop my dad works at to have the drop installed this week while I am at work.  Going to drop it 4" up front and 6" out back.

wheels and tires ...

2014-04-21%2016.33.15.jpg

***As far as Audio...my Subs are on the way...got tracking #'s friday.  Fedex say tomorrow for delivery...fingers crossed.

Edited by Leedogg

looking good, can't wait to see what it looks like with the drop

like those rims 

thanks guys- not sure I like the black...I actually order silver/machined, and received the black ones.  My sons been pushing for black all along, so I decided to accept them.  I may dip them in a dark grey eventually.

running 295/35's front ans 305/35 rear....expecting to do ALOT of trimming up front once lowered.

I dig the copper and black. I've been wanting a blacked out copperhead viper for forever.

What's funny, is that I am not a black wheel fan.  I ordered Machined/silver wheels- and recieved black.  My son LOVES the black, and after some deliberation while the UPS man stood there waiting- we decided to keep them.  I am gong to 'dip' them most likely.

Im not a big wheel and low profile tire kinda guy, but those wheels look great on the truck. Interested to see how well they fit with that much drop.

Also really interested to see how this turns out with that insanely low tuning.

Dang guys- didn't realize it had been so long since I updated.

- Drop- done

- Plastidipped the rims gold.  but have some copper metalizer I am going to try.

As for the audio:

- picked up a Kinetik kdc1800 from a local guy, ordered another from amazon, and 2 trays for them.

- Hit up ToolMaker and ordered battery terminal, fuse block,  dual inputs for my amps

- had wood cut for box- and started fitting it together.  going to glue it together tomorrow hopefully.

- still need to order Power Cable and an alternator, as well as front stage....

2014-05-13%2019.07.09.jpg

2014-05-12%2016.44.01.jpg

Pre assembling the box-  hoping to have it at the body shop by Wednesday.

2014-05-16%2022.58.29.jpg

Not feeling the wheels at all

Not feeling the wheels at all

My thoughts as well.  The black looked so much better but then again it's not my truck.

Drop looks good but yea to me the wheels are a definite no. I would go back to black if it was my vehicle but it's yours :P

I have gotten alot of flack on the wheels...but I absolutely hated the black(I should've sent them back when I realized they sent the wrong color).  and most people change their mind when seeing them in person.  and as you guys said- it is my truck.:)  Plus one of my twins knocked one over and scarred up the rim face...so they'll be dipped from now on, might as well experiment.

Gonna get back to work on my box here shortly,  beautiful day here.

Looking good Lee, is the ride any different being lowered? I am also thinking about dipping my rims since they are old and seen salt water of Hawaii.

it is definitely stiffer... but it handles way better.  Had to do a ton of cutting up front and it still scrubs on harder dips.  But the only way to get this low is thru the TBSS.com store, they guy's name is Tony.  He has matched up parts from different companies to get the SUV's a 4/6 option.  It is belltech up front, Tony's own springs and DJM relocation brackets and spohn panhard out back.  

Edited by Leedogg

Thanks for the link, I was looking the (Belltech 2-3/4 00-06 Tahoe Yukon Escalade ETC lowering kit). I don't how bad the ride will be with 2" drop in the front.

Nevermind, I think this will be a better fit for me. (2/4 Kit For 99-06 GM Truck).

I would do spindles up front for a 2" drop- that way you ride wont change at all.  Tony is good people,  he will respond to emails/calls anytime of day. (within reason)

Done some work on the Lanche after my dentist appt today.  Went by the body shop and intalled the helper bags and 1" spring spacer.  Then I got home and finished pre drilling and mock up on the box.  them pulled it ll back apart.  Ready to start gluing it together tomorrow.

2014-05-19%2019.11.38.jpg

Edited by Leedogg

woot woot!!

Done some work on the Lanche after my dentist appt today. Went by the body shop and intalled the helper bags and 1" spring spacer. Then I got home and finished pre drilling and mock up on the box. them pulled it ll back apart. Ready to start gluing it together tomorrow.

2014-05-19%2019.11.38.jpg

Looking nice