Lee Carter

Lee's Avalanche Build

That's one beefy amp rack! Nice work!

oh no....Amp will be under the back seats.  The rear stays pretty dry, but water does get in occasionally. bout to get back to work...

Made amp stands.  Got hardware to attach them to the truck. getting close to the nerve racking time of gutting holes to run wire.  I have never done that.   Didn't get near as much as I wanted done.  But kids are out of school, hard to get alot done chasing 3 boys around.lol  not looking good for being playing by friday...

fitting boards, and checking clearances.

IMG_20150317_123455_132.jpg

IMG_20150317_124200_801.jpg

I have about a fingers width of clearance on the 5500-

IMG_20150317_124633_676.jpg

mocking up

IMG_20150317_124717_487.jpg

Looking good!

It's definitely hard to get much done during spring break.  The kids definitely eat up a lot of time, but it's worth every second!

love that color avy cresendo amps match really good with it lol. im planing mine out right now for my avy so im definately got a huge intrest in this build. im thinking about that same bc5500 and 1100.4 different subs, enclosure, tune, mids n highs tho. box looks great keep up the good work

Jason - I had a 1100.4, but traded around and got the MUCH smaller Symphony 4 channel.  The 5500 ans 1100 woulda been wider than I wanted to mount under seat.  Be sure to post a build log!  BTW- I had the Crecsendo 3500 and 1100.4 before buying the Lanche...looked specifically for this color for that very reason.LOL

Roger that Alton!  I was trying to get in 3 hrs a day in on the truck while they were here. 

Today was a total waste...when drilling to mount the amps today- I realized that my gas tank is under the outer edge of the driver side rack. that's where I decided to back up and punt. thinking about cutting the carpet and epoxy bonding the feet to the metal.

Also- anyone can tell me how to wire in the 4 pin alternator? internally regulated, dedicated to my battery bank.

Edited by Leedogg

I got an email from Singer at 2:00 this morning.LOL.  He said the S goes to battery bank, and L to keyed power. the other 2 are not used.  Leving for Daytona early tomorrow- so I am done til we get back....well, I am gonna throw the Pioneer back in it today. 

Finally got the amps in and secure.  Took way too long to get this step done.  On to the next one.

IMG_20150320_102156_667.jpg

IMG_20150320_102210_061.jpg

I have the 5500 on 'mounting feet', instead for the full board I had built originally.  So it is off the floor for ventilation.

IMG_20150320_102102_560.jpg

Also saw the UPS man-

IMG_20150319_190742_810.jpg

I just got my luxury pro in yesterday. and just ordered murder mat today. you mind if I post the link of this to an avalanche fb page? it's called chevy avalanche style.

I just got my luxury pro in yesterday. and just ordered murder mat today. you mind if I post the link of this to an avalanche fb page? it's called chevy avalanche style.

sure man.  You can find me on f/b too, I post all my stuff there too.  Lee Carter

That is it, teach them young. Boys love to help dad. :)

Sorry guys- been gone for a bit.  Went to SBN a couple weekends back, and had a blast.  Alot of bad ass builds. But my laptop went on the blink the minute we got there. Finally bought a new one yesterday.  Then I've had all my boys last week, while their mom had surgery done, so the truck got pushed to the back burner.

Any hows- what happens when you install fuse blocks and don't run wires to them for a while? you lose some set screws.  bought enough to just replace them all.

DSC04222.jpg

Then thought I'd run some wire today...and ended up working on my oldest boys truck.  He jack the light bar off the pushbar I had on my Burb...and we put it on his lil Nissan I bought him.

DSC04223.jpg

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04225.jpg

BUT- Tomorrow we are working on mine damn it! LOL

DSC04226.jpg

Been a few days- been trying to spend a few hrs a day on it.  Pics are better than words right?

Made a mounting pad for the fuse block- ran the short pieces to the fuse block.

DSC04255.jpg

Got the buss bars from Ill Customz on F/B.

DSC04257.jpg

My son took a pic of me putting the cover on the fuseblock before heading out to the family Easter BBQ.

DSC04258.jpg

Bank all cleaned up to show off at the Family BBQ-

DSC04262.jpg

Business end hooked up

DSC04279.jpg

up closed- still have to tidy it up a bit.

DSC04280.jpg

Speakers hooked up

DSC04282.jpg

Finally I spent today doing this....

DSC04295.jpg

DSC04299.jpg

DSC04300.jpg

Note the hint of the next step...

DSC04307.jpg

That wire tho!

DSC04309.jpg

Nice of GM to put these nice pass thru's-

DSC04310.jpg

Slow and steady.  it is coming together.   Ordered the proper fusing from SHCA over the weekend.  Hoping to install the Dual alt kit tomorrow.

looking good. keep it up. love the progress.

Yeah that's nice meep it up...need to order more SHCA wure myself this weekend or next...love the build

O ON that daul alt kit if the you have both singer alternators and your battery lights cuts on you have to shorten your belt 1/2" or 1" to get that light off...well thats what I had to do...

Edited by Antoine'stahoe155+

Yeah that's nice meep it up...need to order more SHCA wure myself this weekend or next...love the build

O ON that daul alt kit if the you have both singer alternators and your battery lights cuts on you have to shorten your belt 1/2" or 1" to get that light off...well thats what I had to do...

Thanks- running a stock alt for the truck, and a dedicated Singer 350 to the battery bank.

O ok

Beautiful work you do sir! Wiring looks clean jellybean. Thanks for posting. 

Thanks guys...means alot to me.  Haven't fooled with it today- but may go pull the alternator in a bit.

It was funny at Easter that my aunts and uncles(in their 50's) were all like- I gotta hear it when you finish it.  I knew my lil cousins would love it, but didn't expect them to get into it.

My dad who is in his 50's now, has helped me on numerous installs.

Hell, my last visit out to see my grandfather, who's in his late 70's, he had to show me the new deck, fronts and subwoofer he had just finished installing in his reg cab ford ranger...

All types enjoy the stereo's... Papa loves seeing and hearing what I've done in my vehicles when I visit.

After chilling out yesterday- I got some work done on it today.  Dual alts are installed!  Took the Cande Shoppes 280A out and reintalled my stocker. then installed the Singer 350Amp.  Didn't wire the 350 up yet, but being used- I was glad to hear zero bearing noise with the truck running.  a few crappy cell pics.

Can you spot the Singer??lol

11151041_1077828495567169_47947967364594

Bracket installed, mocking up the alts...

10985664_1077828605567158_36191093493599

belted up!

11041812_1077828788900473_52188030042082

Hoping to get the wiring done tomorrow...

Great updates, glad the build is progressing! looks good too!

Excellent electrical setup!  You have the goods to make those poor subs cryrunlaugh.gif

didn't do much today....but reinstalled the fuse block and hooked up the + wires from the Singer.  Hope to spend a few hrs at the body shop tomorrow with their lift to run the grounds, and the 2 runs from fuse block to fuse block.

Question:  I have 3 runs to the frame off the battery bank for ground.  And I plan to run 3 runs to the frame off the Singer in the front.  Do I need to ground the body? Amp is grounded to battery bank as well.

Pics-

Looking good!

DSC04327.jpg

DSC04329.jpg

Edited by Leedogg

Today I got the Alt grounds ran... and Power wire ran from front to back.

Marking the spots to drill

DSC04330.jpg

Holes drilled

DSC04334.jpg

The ones you love hurt you the most.LOL  As the drill popped thru the first hole- I banged my honker into the fender- bled for a few.  Still sore.

DSC04341.jpg

Ran out of black shrink wraps...

DSC04336.jpg

Cold galvanized and rattle canned black.

DSC04338.jpg

2 runs of Positive tucked away-

DSC04337.jpg

Still have to clean up and tie wrap...everything in except for fusing, and wiring the Singer up.

DSC04339.jpg

Just enough...

DSC04342.jpg

on the 02-06 avy's they had the stock battery up front driver corner. I have 1 in each corner myself right now. looking good man. did that duel alt bracket come from stinger? how much did that run ya. all of em I've seen are like $290. those "pass thrus" are water drainage for the bed obviously great for running wireing thru too. couldn't find ya on facebook. there must be 100 lee carter names on there