Sign in to follow this  
SacredTanakh

Neo Pro 10 v2

I bought a pair of 10in Neo Pro v2s in 8ohm from WoofersEtc on Amazon. When I received them the box says 8ohm, but the underside of the cone on both of them says 4ohm.

I checked them with the multimeter and they both read around 3.8-4ohm. I'm pretty annoyed because I needed an 8ohm load on my amplifier. I'm most definitely not going to pay for shipping to send them back and have new ones sent because the shipping was 40$.

I find it odd though that sundown managed to box up and supposedly test these speakers without noticing this.

Any ideas on what happened here, and has anyone else had this happen?

Edited by SacredTanakh

First of all why do you NEED the 8 ohm version? Second it should be a simple exchange...Amazon or Woofersetc pays return shipping because it is their screw up even if it is Sundowns's mistake they should make it right because they are authorized dealers. If not next time order from SSA and they will either send you what you ordered or make it right.

And again in the future order from SSA and they will get you what you ordered or make it right at their expense. This is specifically why I order anything that I need from SSA IF they offer it. On the other end I have had very good experiences with woofersetc in the past, they should definitely make it right.

I planned on ordering from SSA, as I like to support the company whenever possible. I've spent thousands here for a good reason, SSA is the best. ;) I emailed mark and never got an answer for a shipping quote and as I wanted these for my build as soon as possible. I took the alternative.

I just thought it was very odd that sundown would make a mistake like this in packaging, so I figured I'd ask if anyone else has had this happen.

Double post fail..

But to answer your question I need 8ohm because I am running the leviathan with four channels bridged for the midrange. Which will give me with plenty of headroom to work with.

Edited by SacredTanakh

The error is on the factory side; while we QC test each one the staff doesn't put a DMM on every one due to time constraints and the rarity of a mixup.

We can exchange them directly.

Pro audio drivers don't really need headroom, they are already efficient enough.

The error is on the factory side; while we QC test each one the staff doesn't put a DMM on every one due to time constraints and the rarity of a mixup.

Oh okay, sounds good. Thanks

Pro audio drivers don't really need headroom, they are already efficient enough.

Although that's true and I probably won't push them real hard to begin with it's nice to have.

Send me an e-mail to summarize the situation with your contact info.

jacob@sundownaudio.com

Send me an e-mail to summarize the situation with your contact info.

jacob@sundownaudio.com

You have excellent c/s Jacob. Always impresses me.

Sign in to follow this