Quentin Jarrell

Preliminary Magnetar 18 parameters

Klippel testing was performed to verify BL linearity.  Testing came out good but I'm gonna try a 12 layer coil before I proceed with production.  The current coil is 8 layer flat aluminum with 50mm winding width.  This coil will work fine with the current soft parts limiting the driver to ~35mm xmax which will take ~2,500 watts rms to hit.  However when I get my new soft parts made allowing ~50mm - 55mm one way xmax it will need ~3,500 watts to reach xmax and I'm not comfortable using the current coil with that much power.

Below is the BL curve.  It is prematurely cut off due to hitting suspension limits.  It should remain nearly constant to 37.5mm.  Still with the current soft parts there is a loss of less than 10 percent BL to ~25mm.

MagnetarForcefactorBlX_zps85429aec.jpg

Below is coil offset.  Extremely linear to 25mm sown by the red line.

MagnetarBlSymmetryRange_zps878ed315.jpg

Below is suspension offset.  Again extremely good

MagnetarKmsSymmetryRange_zps9c8d95c3.jpg

Power compression

MagnetarSoundpressurelevelSPLtefficiency

displacement.  again limited by suspension

MagnetarVoicecoildisplacement_zps00f6731

Inductance.  Not too high but will be a bit higher with larger coil so faraday rings will be added.  Again extremely linear.

MagnetarElectricalinductanceLXI0_zps3145

So far I am happy.  It just needs a little tweaking. 

For comparison below are BL curve, symmetry, and inductance curve of the Ethos 15.  Although it is a good driver it still has the non linearity of a standard overhung driver.  Compare the graphs to the Magnetar above.

EthosForcefactorBlX_zps1a8b00a1.jpg

EthosBlSymmetryRange_zpsa99ac3c8.jpg

EthosElectricalinductanceLXI0_zps3dfa292

What are the T/S ? Looks like a very linear driver.

Looks yummy

bananaDance.gif

What are the T/S ? Looks like a very linear driver.

Really only tested to ensure BLx was linear. The top plate ID's on this sample is about 3mm too big

FS. 24

Qts. .49

Vas. 190 liters

These will change with the increase of BL but so far it's a good starting point. The final driver may use a 12 layer coil as it will need ~3.5-4k to reach ~50mm one way Xmax on the new soft parts I'm having engineered. I have someone testing it. If they don't burn it up I'll keep the 8 layer coil. The final driver will have faraday rings between the gaps on the pole and an aluminum pole sleeve.

Linearity, long throw, mid Q reasonably low Fs. That driver would do pretty damn sweet IB in a vehicle in an SQ install ;)

Linearity, long throw, mid Q reasonably low Fs. That driver would do pretty damn sweet IB in a vehicle in an SQ install ;)

If it didn't weigh 85 lbs.

Linearity, long throw, mid Q reasonably low Fs. That driver would do pretty damn sweet IB in a vehicle in an SQ install wink.png

If it didn't weigh 85 lbs.

Goddamn. LOL

Some things are being addressed that won't be shown until production is ready for resale. The changes being made may shed a few pounds from it, maybe. I will say I am concentrating on making it as efficient as possible, keeping BL as high as possible through out the suspensions usable throw. Things I'm doing will...

1) increase sensitivity

2) increase cooling

3) reduce motor noise by addressing superposition (google it. Not going into detail)

This will be the best possible high output driver I can make using a 3" coil and the current soft parts avaliable. It should need around 2,500 watts to reach 35mm one way. In recommended boxes.

When did you say these were going to be released?

Is there a presale between now and then?

I have the feeling their is going to be a flood of Used Ethos for sale in about 5 months then,ninja.gif

Wanna go ahead and start me a lay a way for 2 of these now? J/K!  *Unless you want to, then I am serious.morning.gif

EDIT:- just saw the no presale post.coolugh.gif

Edited by Leedogg

Nope no presale

Ohh what's the price looking to be?

Nope no presale

Ohh what's the price looking to be?

Not sure. Somewhere between 500 and 1000

Let's go closer to around 500! Lol