bulldogfreddy

zcon vs xcon 18's

Looking 2 18's zcon or xcon for an Chevy Avalanche. Will be powering by a mojo 4 with upgrade alt, two kinetic 1400 for now. Looking more for sq right now, in at least 13-14 cubes after displacement (slot port). The zcon's do have a lower a qts, xmax, and bl compared to xcon. But spl is slightly higher on the zcon. Later might try an quasi 6th order. Thanks in advance.

a bandpass enclosure wont net you anymore spl than a regular vented enclosure design

Thanks lithium, I know that the 6th order is good only in the range that it's tuned between. The ported box will give me a wider range.

explain what your goals actually are and someone could point out which to go with. 

Just low and loud (daily pounder) not really for competition.

I say xcon. Zcons like 8cubes net minimum

Other then that i say price and instal is the other dependent.

Well I am look at migrate install into the bed, so I have room in the bed. The amps and the batteries already install in the cab. I am also running In dash epic, Clarion els 740 and mdc360 crossover, she's zxi150.4 for delta lite 10's, autotek sm4-1000 for (4) 6.5, (2) selenium St200 and (6) dome tweeters.

The Xcon can have more than enough output.  If you are worried about numbers or are going past 2200 watts or so, default to the Zcon.

Will I be running a Memphis Mojo 4kw but I still have two Brutus bxi2006 think that the one amp should be plenty.

Will I be running a Memphis Mojo 4kw but I still have two Brutus bxi2006 think that the one amp should be plenty.

Now that I see your front stage post, maybe the Zcon's are more suited.

I have no experience with the Xcon, but I believe you may get better response out of it vs the zcon. Or hell, you could try the Evil, that sounds like it would fit your goal even better!

I have no experience with the Xcon, but I believe you may get better response out of it vs the zcon. Or hell, you could try the Evil, that sounds like it would fit your goal even better!

Sound like a good idea but will be only able to run one (evil)with the price and power handling needed. I want to have clean power going to the subs.

Edited by bulldogfreddy

Aaron explained it great!

Whatever sub you choose between the Xcon or Zcon you will fall in love. I've had both and they are both incredible subs.

Thanks everyone, dual 1 zcon 18's on order. Now it is time for me to work on the box plans.

I'd like to see your build log with photos when you get a chance!

Thanks everyone, dual 1 zcon 18's on order. Now it is time for me to work on the box plans.

eek5wavey.gifeek5wavey.gif

Amp Rack (2) bxi 2006D and (1) ZXi150.4

Old Amp Rack under the rear seats

Edited by bulldogfreddy

Are these T/S specs. listed individual,series or parallel. 

Looking ~15^3 after displacement with 18.5 x 9 slot port on driverside tuned ~34hz since it will be at B pillar. Had talks about tuning it higher since it will b pillar and will go lower anyway In Hz's. Also to do center ports with separate chambers.