Eroc3k

C1100.4-Need 6.5" components to match

Ok sorry for the long delay been super busy. SO, the shop had a sound board but it was limited and only had coaxial set's up. However I was able to listen to some Focal Access 165 AS 's and the Hi energy Hertz coaxial's as well. And heard both focal components and coaxial speakers. Everything was powered buy nothing more than the  head units and I was able to hear the Focals in a car. Here is my opinion:

Focals sounded warm and fairly clean, again this was on a Pioneer HU so assuming 17-22 watts RMS. I liked them but am a little uncertain due to the lack of power in my opinion. However it sounded in my opinion about a 7. Low end sounded warm and what im looking for however the highs sounded a but too warm but I think think he stated that he wired them to -3db. 

Hertz Hi energy Coaxial sounded clean, seemed like it was lacking in the low end ( in comparison to the focals) but the highs sounded good. 

Wish I could have heard the components and on amp'd power not HU power. But was given some good info and they seemed like good peoples. 

With that said I will continue my looking/listening but would like your opinions on something that sound comparable to the Hertz for the highs and Focal for the mids and bass if that makes sense.

Also do you think the difference between amp'd and HU power will change the actual sound of the speakers aside from volume???

midbass should be better when installed in a properly sealed car door compared to the sound board. best to continue listening to installs where possible. 

Hertz Components are pretty good. I like the HSK's better than the XL's. If you're interested in buying them at that shop, PM me and I can tell you what you should be paying for them, not what they're asking. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Hertz Components are pretty good. I like the HSK's better than the XL's. If you're interested in buying them at that shop, PM me and I can tell you what you should be paying for them, not what they're asking. A little knowledge goes a long way.

Yeah tell me bout it! Not that tried to huggle on the price or anything but its UP THERE. ill PM :) thanks

midbass should be better when installed in a properly sealed car door compared to the sound board. best to continue listening to installs where possible. 

Yeah they told me the same thing. Although he recommended at least 90 sqft of dampener for the whole SUV. When you say sealed this is what you're talking about right? just dampening? I do plan on doing the inside and outside of the door and am thinking I should cover the whole door, yes?

Yeah tell me bout it! Not that tried to huggle on the price or anything but its UP THERE. ill PM :) thanks

Yeah they told me the same thing. Although he recommended at least 90 sqft of dampener for the whole SUV. When you say sealed this is what you're talking about right? just dampening? I do plan on doing the inside and outside of the door and am thinking I should cover the whole door, yes?

Sounddeadenershowdown.com nuff said ;)

Yeah tell me bout it! Not that tried to huggle on the price or anything but its UP THERE. ill PM smile.png thanks

Sounddeadenershowdown.com nuff said wink.png

this! 

give don's site a read. 

Yeah I did :) very interesting; and I think the prices are pretty comparable to something like second skin, perhaps a bit cheaper.  The guy at the audio shop recommended Stinger road-rash I think but I can't say that i blame him, he's trying to make his money too. Well I for sure am looking into Showdown deadener for the cost alone and great info. If I could save here and there I will. 

Thanks again I'll keep everyone posted as I go.

Yeah I did smile.png very interesting; and I think the prices are pretty comparable to something like second skin, perhaps a bit cheaper.  The guy at the audio shop recommended Stinger road-rash I think but I can't say that i blame him, he's trying to make his money too. Well I for sure am looking into Showdown deadener for the cost alone and great info. If I could save here and there I will. 

contact don, he will go over each part of vehicle that you want to treat, recommend just enough to get it done, and give you the right instructions.  then you'll have an idea of what it will cost. 

i would recommend at least deadening the doors, roof, trunk, and rear shelf. and then mlv and ccf for the front doors. depending how much you want to spend, you could do more areas (like the floor) to reduce road noise for example. 

Edited by lithium

Yeah I did smile.png very interesting; and I think the prices are pretty comparable to something like second skin, perhaps a bit cheaper.  The guy at the audio shop recommended Stinger road-rash I think but I can't say that i blame him, he's trying to make his money too. Well I for sure am looking into Showdown deadener for the cost alone and great info. If I could save here and there I will. 

contact don, he will go over each part of vehicle that you want to treat, recommend just enough to get it done, and give you the right instructions.  then you'll have an idea of what it will cost. 

i would recommend at least deadening the doors, roof, trunk, and rear shelf. and then mlv and ccf for the front doors. depending how much you want to spend, you could do more areas (like the floor) to reduce road noise for example. 

will do! 

what do you mean rear Shelf? Are you talking about a car? I Have an SUV so it'll be the doors, hatch, roof i guess. Not sure if ill need anywhere else But i most certainly want to do it right. aside form Don's email on the website I found is there another contact? is he on this Forums?

Heading to SBN tomorrow and will be listening to alot of different sets :) Decision time is close, I can sense it!

will do! 

what do you mean rear Shelf? Are you talking about a car? I Have an SUV so it'll be the doors, hatch, roof i guess. Not sure if ill need anywhere else But i most certainly want to do it right. aside form Don's email on the website I found is there another contact? is he on this Forums?

contact him by email 

Edited by lithium

If you walk to the spl look for a maroon gmc sierra with a huge psi sticker on the hood. Ill give you a back massage at 43hz lol

If you walk to the spl look for a maroon gmc sierra with a huge psi sticker on the hood. Ill give you a back massage at 43hz lol

Damn it man! I wish I would I read this before leaving! I had an awesome time and did see your gmc. To be honest I was so excited I would go from one car to the next and i was all over the place. plus my son was with me and he was't having anymore fun after about 11:30 lol.. We left in the morning pretty early and he's not an early bird. Hes weak! lol

Anbywho I'd love to meet a lot of you guys the next show. im here in the Florida so let me know whens the next show. 

PS

this has changed my WHOLE outlook of what im wanting :) IDEK anymore heard so much holy shit!!! I was like a kid in a strip club. LOL BTW there was an Orange Buick on the SQ side of SBN that was loaded with Image Dynamic stuff and that sounded nice! Pretty loud too!. Mclaren was interesting too. Also got to hear Incriminator audio stuff and was amazed!!! there was a Charger on the SPL side behind the RE audio van I believe that shook my eye balls. It had me taking deep breathes of air :) I F*ING LOVED IT !!!! im tensing up with anticipation just writing about it. So I think im going to get stupid with my build now :).. IDK Might buy another car and strip the whole thing down and get DOWN RIGHT DUMB! IDK let me do some thinking here cause i forgot how much I enjoyed car audio! Coming out of retirement from it after about 18 years now and am ready!!! tee hee