Eroc3k

C1100.4-Need 6.5" components to match

Ok so looking for both front door and rear door speakers to match up with a Nendo C1100.4. I'm looking at the CDT audio HD-63 Braxial set (180 RMS) and the HD-61A set (170 RMS). both sets are 6.5" woofers and come with both crossovers and tweeters. Thought of using the tweeters off the rear set (HD-61A)in the front for a total of 4 tweets in the front.

Any recommendations? thoughts? Ideas? Is CDT audio a good brand? Is the amp too much for those speakers? Any other companies I should consider to match up with the C1100.4? 

Also I really want to keep things as factory LOOKING as possible at this time. Minor modding is cool but not really wanting to do glass and the whole nine, not right now at least, maybe in a few years.

Also I'm considering running a single FI Q18 on a Nendo BC3500.1 @ 4 ohms (although I read if I do the cooling on the Q I could gain an additional 2-5 hundred watts so I could run it at 2 ohms @ about 1900 watts RMS x1.  

Thoughts anyone??

Go listen to some sets. Comps are personal.

4 tweeters is NOT a good idea so save the dough there.

Aside from Best Buy and a few whatever shops, they dont offer CDT anywhere around here. Best I've heard is RE audio and im not impressed. I've heard old school MB Quarts and loved them on low power. But I would be running all on higher power but clean audio.

Edited by Eroc3k

Then cross them off your list. Not really missing anything anyways.

Who CDT??? well any companies you would recommend for high power SQ at $600 for budget on both sets of door speakers?

Who CDT??? well any companies you would recommend for high power SQ at $600 for budget on both sets of door speakers?

I would not do all four doors.

Just the fronts!

My favorite components are Hertz HSK165XL, but everybody doesn't like the same thing so its kinda hard to take ones input. Arc Audio Arc Series are good too. Just a couple to look into, but like stated before ditch the rears and only worry about the front doors.

Yep. Spend all $600 on two speakers + installation, 4 is stupid.

Yep. Spend all $600 on two speakers + installation, 4 is stupid.

I'm doing all my own install. I'm good like that :)

So load up the front and nothing in the back?? NOTHING AT ALL???? not even some whatevers run off the headunit as a fill? seems like there would be a void

NOTHING AT ALL. If you have ever heard any benefit of rears, you were sitting in a car that had an install problem on the fronts. As for the doing it yourself, there is still cost. Deadening, MLV, CCF, baffles, etc.

If two people tell you the same story at the same time how will the words sound? Clearer or mismatched and muddy?

Ditch the rears.

Alright, so what would be some other good choices to look at aside from Arc audio and Hertz. Also theres a $600 budget also I'll be running a Crescendo C1100.4 rated at 180x4

Edited by Eroc3k

Go LISTEN to some and tell us what you like and don't like about sets. Otherwise it is truly pointless.

Alright, so what would be some other good choices to look at aside from Arc audio and Hertz. Also theres a $600 budget also I'll be running a Crescendo C1100.4 rated at 180x4

madisound.com

parts-express.com

uspeaker.com

madisound.com

parts-express.com

uspeaker.com

i dont think OP is doing an active install. 

madisound.com

parts-express.com

uspeaker.com

ah, good catch lithium. Maybe he could make his own passive setup. I've never tried myself, but there are some kits available.

madisound.com

parts-express.com

uspeaker.com

ah, good catch lithium. Maybe he could make his own passive setup. I've never tried myself, but there are some kits available.

Probably would go terribly for him.

The comps he picks will have little impact on the results if he fudges the rest of the install. 

I live in the sticks im about 65 miles away from any real audio shops. Thats a bit of a drive just to listen to speakers, although I understand and agree to listen to make a choice but in the same reviews and peoples opinions go a long way to. 

I live in the sticks im about 65 miles away from any real audio shops. Thats a bit of a drive just to listen to speakers, although I understand and agree to listen to make a choice but in the same reviews and peoples opinions go a long way to. 

someone else's subjective opinion on how they sound shouldn't mean jack to you. however, opinions on build quality, for example, are useful. 

if you're about to drop several hundred bucks on this install do yourself a favor and listen to them in person. or spend less money so you wont be pissed when they sound like shit

Edited by lithium

Yeah, I'm not help with component sets lol. 

Thanks for everyones input. 

If you go to another site and they start to recommend things, ignore that site. You've given us NO personal background of audio likes to apply any logical sense to an answer.

Sort of like going to a car dealer and saying, What car is the best? In this case you forgot to list 2 door, sports coupe, minivan,....

If you go to another site and they start to recommend things, ignore that site. You've given us NO personal background of audio likes to apply any logical sense to an answer.

Sort of like going to a car dealer and saying, What car is the best? In this case you forgot to list 2 door, sports coupe, minivan,....

Fair enough,

I Own a 07 Chevy Equinox (4 door SUV) Plan on using every bit of the trunk area from the C pillar back and up to the roof. I listen to every type of music but mostly Dubstep and Drum and Bass also rap. I write electronic music and do my mastering through many different sources BTW. I don't plan on competing but wouldn't mind having the setup for it. Looking at a SQ build but would like it to shake the grounds around me. I have close to $4k to spend! I'll be running a Pioneer HU looking at the AVH-X8500. I would like to run Crescendo Amps due to their quality but am open for opinions. ( again this is so I can review for my self and perhaps give it a listen if theres a LOCAL dealer that carries them.) I also Like the Fi audio Q18 or possibly the 15". and am looking for door speakers to accompany all of the above. YES I will be upgrading the Alternator to a mechmann 270A and will be running all SHCA cable either OFC 1/0 or better. XS Batteries, 1 in front D4700 and 1 in back XP3000, starting with only two. And again I will be doing my own build. I've had experience years back and felt the urge to get back into car audio and am asking for user opinions on door speakers. I've run in the past MB Quarts, Pioneer and Rockford  for mids and highs but am looking for clean audio that can take about 180 watts rms  per channel @ 4ohms. Thought of running 2 sets of components if I could find them in 8 ohm to wire them down to 4 ohm.  or just one set that can take 180 watts RMS. CDT claims some of their sets are 180 RMS+.  There is no dealer of CDT in Florida that I am aware of but the reviews seem pretty good with them and reading through I find them to be what I believe im looking for but wanted to hear others opinions on the company as well. Looking for good punchiness from the woofers and clean sound from 80hz-20khz from the mids and highs (this is a guesstimate), Assuming the Sub will take car of everything below 100hz.  Not sure what else I could say to give you what you need but if you ask me I could give you more details. I do plan on dampening the whole cabin too. using about 60lbs of Second skin pro. 

Edited by Eroc3k

You don't want SQ. Read the terms and conditions of the site it will clear up the confusion for you there. You are near the polar opposite.

Buying a component set that can "take" 180w is akin to buying a car that can run on 93 octane. Yep, pretty pointless.

In the past you've ran MB Quarts, Pioneer and Rockford. Now that is a step. Why did you change from one to the other and what did you gain?

60lbs is a HUGE fucking waste. Go onto SDS and read about proper deadening. Deadener quantity can be VERY small and in some regards is the least important part of treating your car. Critical sure, but the easiest to do right.

I sell both HSK's and HSK-XL's. I prefer the HSK's. Hertz is very good in a "somewhat" on-axis installation. The Helix P236P is much better off axis and within your budget. Retail is normally 499.95, we sell them normally at 399.95, argue with a dealer and you should get them at 349.