Are DD amps worth the money? I sold my saz2500 because it was in okk shape and a guy offered me 460 for it. Kinda scratched and a few dents so I took it. I came across a DD M3a for 520 shipped. Is it a good deal?

Does anyone else run digital design amps? Any experience with them, good or bad?

I've heard they're good amps. Just never got into the DD craze, nor DC.

Yea the rating are at 12 or 12.5. Never used DD so was curious on if the amp is worth it or just get somethin else?

Look up clamped results. Someone did a 2000 watt amp challenge somewhere and the M2b put out crazy passing results @ 13.8V They are kinda large and bulky however. What are you trying to push?

They are good amps.

I'm gonna be pushing 2 15" ethos.

I've heard they do the rated power at 12 or so and just put out a ton more power at higher voltage.

They don't seem to be that much bigger than other amps of the same power.

So 520 shipped is a good price? It's so clean too not a scratch! Talking to the guy now

what year is it? and color?

Yea you use the mmats which are small as hell. Are they that good of amps? Never looked into them.

This one is black...less than a year old. It looks flawless.

That DD is worth the money. Normally they go for 625-650 in the condition you describe it to be in.

As for MMATS. You won't believe it until you try it. No need for SS filter.

So 520 shipped is a good price? It's so clean too not a scratch! Talking to the guy now

I saw a pair for sale on SMD awhile ago for 625 shipped each and people said it was a steal. I know they replaced it with the m3b so I don't know if value went down or what but seems like a good deal to me but I'm no expert. Those Ethos' though.... so sexy...

Thanks guys! I think I'll snatch it up.

Btw I received my ethos yesterday! OMG!!!!!

I'll be posting some pics soon.

As for MMATS. You won't believe it until you try it. No need for SS filter.

No need for Sub-Sonic Filter. morning.gif

DD amps with LV technology are made to be efficient at 12volts and they come alive at .5 ohm. Couple years back I had a M3a on a single 55ah agm batt, 2 gauge wiring, stock alt wired to .5 ohm and it never went into protect or shut off. They love abuse

DD amps with LV technology are made to be efficient at 12volts and they come alive at .5 ohm. Couple years back I had a M3a on a single 55ah agm batt, 2 gauge wiring, stock alt wired to .5 ohm and it never went into protect or shut off. They love abuse

Sometimes company's quality deteriorates over time; is this an example with their amps? Or are their amps still really good? This amp is around a year old.

I had great luck the the DD amps I got from Monte. They ran like champs! No over heating, or other anjoying issues.

Still have a small one in the garage.

J

Thanks guys! I think I'll snatch it up.

Btw I received my ethos yesterday! OMG!!!!!

I'll be posting some pics soon.

You've graduated to big boy status.

Look up clamped results. Someone did a 2000 watt amp challenge somewhere and the M2b put out crazy passing results @ 13.8V They are kinda large and bulky however. What are you trying to push?

That'd be a huge waste of time. Clamp tests are as pointless as subjective reviews.

Sometimes company's quality deteriorates over time; is this an example with their amps? Or are their amps still really good? This amp is around a year old.

Any decent amp should be fine for decades+