DD amps with LV technology are made to be efficient at 12volts and they come alive at .5 ohm. Couple years back I had a M3a on a single 55ah agm batt, 2 gauge wiring, stock alt wired to .5 ohm and it never went into protect or shut off. They love abuse

Sometimes company's quality deteriorates over time; is this an example with their amps? Or are their amps still really good? This amp is around a year old.

i sold the amp to a friend of mine 3 years ago and its still wired to 0.5 ohm and getting abused daily on less than ideal electrical. 

you got PM

If shit wears out in 3-5 years it is absolute garbage. I am still running an amplifier I bought new in 1991...and it isn't the oldest one I use atm either.

If shit wears out in 3-5 years it is absolute garbage. I am still running an amplifier I bought new in 1991...and it isn't the oldest one I use atm either.

I didn't mean that the same amp's quality wears out but the actual time building it. Kinda like how RE audio is. They used to build really good stuff but over time their stuff wasn't built as good. That's what I meant. I know the older amps were really good but didn't know if they still make them that good.

Thanks guys!!

Yeeaaa! LOL I'm running 2 amps made in 1985