Sign in to follow this  
cannabispinoy

Help with amplifier install

Im trying to upgrade my current system myself.  I have a 2002 Toyota Camry with stock speakers(3.5's on the dash, 6x9's on the front doors and rear deck).  I have a Crescendo s800.4 which I will be running 2 Crescendo FT1's tweeters(replacing the 3.5's), and 6.5 PWX's(replacing the ones on the front doors). How would i wire them to the amp so i can have them for the front channel as i will have my stock rears running off my deck until i upgrade those down the road.  The FT1's are 8ohms and the 6.5's are 4 ohms.  My subs will be 2 FI BL's running off the BD2000 from Crescendo.

Welcome to SSA.

Are you running a stock headunit ??

welcome, wish you came by before purchasing the gear. since you're working with drivers without a passive crossover you need to dedicate 1 channel of amp to each. then crossover the tweeter high enough so that it doesn't pop. honestly, you were mislead to purchase those drivers and should just sell them and start over. 

Edited by lithium

Lurker In Chief, what's the issue with the drivers?  Should I have gotten components instead? should i have gotten the inline crossovers for the tweets?  I was told to run the ft1's separate and use the on board crossover

Edited by cannabispinoy

Nothing's wrong with them. Just need to make sure everything is crossed over and installed correctly for safe operation.

A good crossover starting point for the tweeters is 3000 htz, and a good crossover starting point for the 6.5" drivers is 80 htz.

Not sure of the specs of that particular amplifier's crossover setup. Could you post a link to view specs ??

There you go brother. PM sent

Much room for improvement, but enough to get you started !!!

Best of luck

Randal

Edited by Cablguy184